Monday, July 14, 2014

New Gardening Product - LeakFree by Nelson & Gilmor



Nearly a half-century ago, the United States sent a man to the moon. You would think that with all the technological innovations since this historic event we’d be able to develop a watering system that doesn’t leak. Now, we have. Years in the making, Nelson and Gilmour brands have developed the LeakFree watering system, which is the first of its kind guaranteed to be completely leak-free- something no other watering tool can claim. 

LeakFree by Nelson and Gilmour is great for everyday gardeners, or garden enthusiast.
Leaking is the number one frustration among consumers when it comes to watering. Luckily, gardening, lawn care and outdoor cleaning just got a whole lot easier, and a whole lot drier, thanks to the new LeakFree by Gilmour and LeakFree by Nelson watering systems. 


Both the LeakFree by Gilmour and LeakFree by Nelson product lines feature a starter kit that includes all the necessary fundamentals for a leak-free watering experience from start to finish: a LeakFree adjustable spray nozzle, a 50-foot LeakFree heavy-duty hose and LeakFree faucet-to-hose connector.

The LeakFree system will be available beginning spring 2014 at home centers and garden supply stores nationwide. The LeakFree starter kit retails for a suggested price of $59.99.
To find out more or to locate a dealer, visit www.gilmourleakfree.com, or www.homedepot.com/nelsonleakfree





My Thoughts

This summer I was able to set up a little vegetable garden for the first time in four years. Back to back high-risk pregnancies and little ones had made it impossible for awhile, but it felt wonderful to get my hands back in the dirt and have my kids there to help.  I was also excited to try out the Leakfree System by Nelson and Gilmor. If you think all hoses are the same,  you haven't tried this one. 

The Leakfree is a complete system that comes with  a heavy duty hose, a leak proof nozzle and the connector.  Set up is simple and there are no tools required. The nozzle is easily attached and comes right back off if you need to remove it, without any sticking. The hose is great because it doesn't tangle or bend, so the water supply never gets cut off. With my old hose, I'd have to run back and forth getting out the kinks, but that never happens with the LeakFree.

The spray nozzles is even more impressive. Of course, as its name implies, it never leaks. Yeah! No more changing my clothes every time I try to water my plants! But that is only the beginning. The nozzle offers a powerful spray in a variety of different patterns from jet to mist. I love how it provides such perfect, even coverage. All my plants get a good soaking, but using the gentler settings, the more delicate flowers are never squished or damaged. I am super happy with this hose and spray nozzle. It's helping me get the most out of my summer garden and I'm looking forward to a great harvest!

To learn more about the LeakFree and all the other great products at Gilmor, be sure to check out their website or follow their social media.You can also find their products on Amazon.




11 comments:

VickieC said...

very nice my husband would love this

An Apel a Day said...

That looks handy to have in the garden.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a winner! I've always hated it when the hose would tangle or bend. It would be nice to have more control over it. Thanks!

Elise said...

We need this.

Unknown said...

My mom would love this for her garden!

Sarah Phillips said...

My husband waters the flowers on our back porch every day and always complains about our leaky hose....this would be super helpful :)

rj7777 said...

I love their products and I love it when my watering goes where it is supposed to. Many nozzles seem to leak and really loose a lot of water. Thanks I will be checking this out. Rita Spratlen

Robin Wilson said...

I've read a couple other reviews as well and this looks great! But a little too pricey for me right now. :(

Robin Wilson said...

My sister got a cheap imitation. It worked well for a little while. But the concept is great!

LesleyfromWI said...

Our hose is leaking all the time and this would be great to have

Robin Wilson said...

I love how lightweight this is. I don't have a lot of strength thanks to my Lupus.