Sunday, April 6, 2014

Review: My Spy Birdhouse


My Spy Birdhouse
 Witness birds nesting and feeding from inside your home!
As seen on TV!
The My Spy Birdhouse is the perfect size for typical backyard bird species including Wrens, Nuthatches and Chickadees, offering a safe and comfortable home for birds to raise their young. 

 
2-way mirror gives a window into the secret life of birds!

  • 2 way mirror film lets you see the birds inside, but they can't see you!
  • Watch birds build their nests, hatch eggs and feed their young.
  • Watch as the baby birds grow and make their first flight!




What's included?
  • My Spy Birdhouse with clear acrylic window
  • 2 way mirror film for easy viewing
  • Indoor hanging privacy curtain card
  • 2 bird hole openings
  • Perch
  • All-weather suction cups

Made of durable, engineered resin designed to withstand extreme conditions; embedded with colorant that never requires painting.  Fun for the whole family, season after season!  The My Spy Birdhouse is educational; it keeps birdwatchers of all ages entertained, and makes the perfect gift!

Spring Sale!
$14.99 Order now and get a BONUS Up Close Birdfeeder plus a FREE Mystery Gift!
(just pay separate S&H)





Our Thoughts
I've been wanting one of these My Spy Birdhouses for a long time; I always thought it would be so neat to watch birds as they build their nest, lay & hatch eggs, and then watch the young grow!  Now that I have a 5 year old, he can enjoy it too! We finally had a warm day here - our winter has been dragging its feet changing to spring - it's now hung up on my big front window awaiting new tenants.  I'm guessing based on the birds in our area, that we'll be housing chickadees; the My Spy Birdhouse comes with two different opening inserts so I chose the appropriately sized opening for that bird size.

It was super easy to assemble using the instruction: just put in the acrylic piece and the suction cups, and even easier to install: clean and dry the outside window, wet the suction cups, and stick 'er up.  Afterward, I cleaned the inner window and applied the 2 way film.  I have not yet hung up the privacy curtain card, but will when the birds arrive.

And now the hardest part: we wait.  It can take awhile for birds to find the birdhouse.  We're right in the beginnings of nest building season here so I'm hoping it won't take too long!  I keep checking the window multiple times per day hoping the birds have found it!








2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a neat idea! I'd love to see the tiny birds hatch and grow while nesting! I'm glad that they mentioned it's supposed to be safe and comfortable for the birds, I wouldn't want the poor things to feel cramped in there! I hope you get to see the birds soon!

Unknown said...

I thought about it but...if one of the birds die then I'd have to watch it rot if there were other babies in there since touching them would be fatal for them as well. Plus I'll have all the bird droppings around my window. Hope you don't have any of these problems.