Wednesday, April 2, 2014

DVD Review - Monster High: Frights, Camera, Action!




Monster High™ Frights, Camera, Action! | SRP:  $19.98|Available March 25 (available at Target, Amazon, Toys R’ Us & Target

When Draculaura is led to believe she's the rightful heir to the vampire throne, she and her best ghoulfriends are whisked away to Transylvania for a royal coronation to die for. But they soon discover the hunt for the queen is not over yet. The Ghouls must locate an ancient artifact known as the Vampire’s Heart in order to discover the identity of the true Vampire Queen. It’s a fangtastic adventure that will lead them from the Tower of Londoom, to a haunted river boat in New Goreleans and finally to the glamorous boo-vie lots of Hauntlywood. Could this be the moment when Draculaura finally receives her vampire powers and discovers screams really can come true?






My Thoughts

The junior monsters are heading to Hauntlywood is this brand new Monster High adventure. In this DVD Draculaura believes she's destined for fame when a secret jewel leads her to believe she's the queen of the vampires. She and her friends make a trip down to Transylvania for the coronation, but not everything is at it seems. Before long they realize the evil Lord Stocker is out to use Draculaura to his own ends and the kids must find a way to stop his dastardly plan.

In order to uncover the true queen they must locate an artifact known as the Vampire's Heart. The gang heads to the Tower of Londoom where you'll get to meet Clawdeen’s older sister Clawdia Wolf.  She joins the search and they travel to New Goreleans and travel the The Bijou on the Bayou in a ghost ship. Finally they land in Hauntlywood and meet the famous actress Veronica Von Vamp who may hold the key to the puzzle. Meanwhile, back at Monster High, there is a huge debate going on about which of the male leads in the Vampire Majesty is cuter.

My daughters range in age from four to thirteen but they all enjoyed this new DVD edition of Monster High. We especially loved HooDude, the voodoo doll man who was a new addition to the crew (at least to us). There are lots of adventures and funny one liners, making this the show perfect for family movie night.



9 comments:

Shannon said...

This looks like something my niece would love. Thank you for your review.

lil_lady_dz said...

My daughter is into stuff and books like this, she would love this a lot.

Unknown said...

My granddaughters love "Monster High". I know they would love this new DVD also. I will be looking for it.

Jenn Hiles said...

My daughter was really into these last year. I ended up getting her several of them for Christmas. We haven't seen the DVD though, it sounds like fun!

rochelle said...

My kids would like this

Unknown said...

I haven't seen this show and I'm not sure if my son has watched it or not. Looks like it would be a good show for younger school kids though. Thanks for the info.

Diane Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the review, I'll have to keep an eye out for this one. I think my granddaughter will like it, she's a Monster High fan :)

Candy Kelley said...

Great review and love the dolls for the series. No young girls in the family "yet" but hoping soon.

azalea4150 said...

My youngest niece loves Monster High. She would love this!