Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Review: CollageIt 3 Pro App

**Product was exchanged for an honest review.**

CollageIt 3 Pro (Normally $29.90, now $9.99 on App Store after 70% off) is an easy-to-use and automatic app that helps you create eye-catching photo collages on Mac OS X. The free version of CollageIt 3 is a TOP 5 Photography app on App Store. It’s the latest version that retains all advantageous features of CollageIt Pro and adds many new features as well.

Key features include:

  • 45+ new templates and 4 collage styles: Mosaic, Grid, Center and Pile.
  • Simply add photos using “Random Layout” to generate layout automatically.
  • Use “Free Mode” to move, resize, rotate each photo.
  • Free to zoom in on collage, crop photo, adjust border of round corners, customize backgrounds, photo effects, etc.
  • Add text and edit its font, size, color, alignment, effects, etc.
  • Edit and preview collage with full-screen mode.
  • Save as image/PDF; set as wallpaper; share via Email or Facebook; print it out instantly.
Download the free version on App Store: http://appstore.com/mac/collageit3free
Regarding news: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11013011.htm




Our Thoughts

I have seen CollageIt Pro before but just had never been inclined to purchase since I didn't have a use for it (or thought that I had a use for it). Now that I have had a chance to use it, I have found that it does quite a bit of what I would have had to perform manually with another App like Photoshop. It is fast, smooth and not hard at all on my machine like other Apps can be. Not once did my Intel Core 2 Duo get warm, give me the spinning beach ball, or hang and never crashed once. 

I am very impressed with the usability in the App design. It is a very simple environment but yet under the hood there was plenty of optional templates and changes you could make to create that perfect collage you were always looking for but could never afford the time to design. In about 10 minutes I had the App figured out and my first collage of 72 pictures sitting on my color laser. 

Export was really nice allowing you to send it to a professional printer like Snapfish, Shutterfly, or Walmart to create that perfect collage. Some of the problems I saw with the App included not having a digital certificate signing the app caused me to reduce the security in OSX 10.8 to allow an unidentified developer to write this App and it would have been nice to have control of each margin separately so I could create a title area or have a wrap around any text area so you could automatically move pictures out of the way to accommodate the text anywhere on the collage. On the left panel it would be nice to be able to move the panel left and right to be able to increase the size of the preview pictures so you can determine which picture was the best (i.e.where your child was smiling in one and not the other). 

Overall, I really liked the app and would invest the money to purchase this for 'year in review' photos of my children or for a professional photo service. So if you're looking for something that's going to create a neat project of pictures through out the year, here's your App! 

**I received no monetary compensation for this review. The opinions expressed are my own and were in no way influenced.**

0 comments: