Monday, March 25, 2013

Book Review: Under the Hood by Juanita Keys

Under the HoodReview by Tara


I have to take a moment to talk about this new romance. It's a woman mechanic!!! How cool is that? She works on cars, not airplanes, but still... I had to get my hands on this.

The heroine is something else. She gets fired the first day with a new boss because of her high heels and safety regulations...but they work things out...and then some...

There's a sideline story about helping getting drug addicted teenage boys off the streets. She's trying to help them by caring for them, training them on the job, and building a refuge of sorts for them. The hero gets sucked into this as well and because of this, they grow close together.

Then trouble shows up in the form of an ex.

I liked how very Aussie this is. I had to look up a few words, but I was def transported. I loved the heroine. She has a big heart.

I didn't like some of the coincidences, such as his parents just happen to live next door to her? But overall, it was a really enjoyable read.

I received this from netgalley.

0 comments: