Sunday, March 4, 2012

Disney's Lion King 1 1/2 Diamond Edition Blu-Ray & DVD Combo Pack Review


Hilarity reigns in the motion picture comedy-adventure that takes you way back to the beginning before Simba's tale began...now more fabulous than ever for the first time in a 2-disc Blu-ray combo pack!

From their uniquely hysterical perspective, Timon and his windy pal Pumbaa - the greatest unsung heroes of the Savanna - reveal where they came from, how they helped Simba save the Serengeti, and what really happened behind the scenes of The Lion King's  biggest events.

This essential chapter of The Lion King trilogy features your favorite characters voiced by the original cast (Nathan Lane, Matthew Broderick, Ernie Sabella, plus Julie Kavner and Jerry Stiller) and music by Elton John and Tim Rice. You'll feel the love for every outrageously funny moment.



Our Thoughts:  I remember watching the Lion King 1 1 /2  back when my oldest daughter was just a baby.  Its a movie that was an instant classic and that people of all ages love. I had the VHS copy of it for years, and just recently it finally gave out on me. So of course I was thrilled to see that Disney was releasing the Diamond addition Blu-Ray/ DVD combo from the Disney Vault.  My children and I watched the Diamond Edition on Blu Ray, and it was like being back in the theater all those years ago. The picture quality and sound are amazing. We watched Simba grow up with Timon and Pumba and laughed at all their silly adventures.  This movie is much more lighthearted and jovial than the original Lion King. In addition to the feature film, you can also enjoy deleted scenes and a few other short films featuring Timon & Pumba. My Disney collection wouldn't have been complete without the Lion King 1 1/2 and I am thrilled to have had the chance to share this timeless film with my children. 

The Lion King Diamond Addition Blu-Ray & DVD combo is available online and in stores nationwide. You can also order a copy on Amazon for the discounted price of only $22.99  Grab one for your kids today because The Lion King  1/2 is a movie every family needs to have in their collection. It would definitely make a great addition to those Easter baskets. This film is only available for a limited time. So don't wait! Get yours today!

***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

0 comments: