Thursday, August 18, 2011

Nicholas Domenic DeLuca is Here!



My little boy Nicholas Domenic DeLuca was born yesterday, 8/17/11 at 6:06 pm. He weighed in at 7 pounds 3 oz, which was pretty big considering he was a whole month early.  Little Nicky has had a very difficult first day of life. His lungs are a little underdeveloped and he was put in a respirator shortly after this picture was taken. It breaks my heart so much to see him hooked up to all those machines, and I just couldn't post a picture of him that way. I will hopefully post many more pictures once he is better. In addition to the breathing problems, he was also born in what they called a "facial presentation", which caused a lot of bruising. He looks like someone punched him in the face and they said it is probably very tender. They tried to take care of him at my local hospital, but they just don't have the necessary staff or equipment. So he was transported by ambulance  to a NICU in Camden, NJ, which is about two hours from my house. My doctor was very understanding and released me from the hospital this morning, even though it was only about 14 hours after giving birth, so I could go be with him.  We just got back home, and I wanted to give my readers an update and ask that you send my little boy prayers and healing energy for a speedy recovery.  I will be going up to the hospital to see him every day until he gets home, so obviously, blog posts will slow down for a while. It might be a few days or it might be few weeks. But I may still post a few things here and there at night, just to try to keep myself from going insane being apart from him. I'm sure I won't spend too much time sleeping.  If you email me for any reason and I don't reply right away, please be patient. I will do the best I can. I have 2000 emails after being gone only 24 hours so it may take me some time to catch up. 

25 comments:

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Congratulations! Wishing him a short and uneventful NICU stay.

Linda Kish said...

Congratulations. The only thing we need to hear are updates on you and the baby. Everything else can wait.

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

Michele said...

Congratulations! I'll be praying he comes home soon.

Anonymous said...

Baby comes first! Blogging can wait. Love you! Hugs to everyone and wishing a quick time until Nicky comes homes.

Lori B said...

Prayers being sent your way for both you and handsome Nicky! Take care of yourselves and don't worry a bit about the blog!

Organic Baby Gift Boutique said...

Sending Warm Wishes and prayers to your baby and family.

atydec said...

Congratulations and best wishes and prayers for Nicholas and your whole family.

Kimberly said...

Prayers and Good Wishes to little Nicholas and your family.

Unknown said...

Praying for you and your family. The little boy is adorable and I know that everything will turn out just fine. Take a break from this blog - your baby boy needs you!

Fawn said...

Congratulations, he is beautiful! Nicholas and your family will be in my prayers.

Jackie said...

Congratulations! Praying he is home soon so you can all be together. My daughter was 3 months early and was in the NICU for 2 1/2 months. I know it can take a toll on you running back and forth. Please take care of yourself also and rest when you can.

Jan Messali said...

Nicholas is adorable! I'll be praying for his health.

Please take care of yourself. I love reading your posts, but your baby comes first. I'll be here whenever you return. :)

Thanks for sharing Nicolas with us.

ZESTYWONDERLAND said...

Congrats! He's beautiful!

celebrie2 said...

Congrats, best and warm wishes for precious baby Nicholas! Take care of yourself, rest and dont worry! The blog will be here when your little one is home safe in your arms, and so will we!

Amo said...

Congratulations, Laura! He is beautiful! What a blessing. I know it is hard for you to be away from him - I will definitely be sending Nicholas healing energy and positive thoughts and prayers. And don't worry about the blog. We will be here when you get back no matter how long you are gone. Take care of yourself so you can take care of your newest bundle of joy!

Patricia N said...

Congratulations and prayers for both of you -

cjabdelnour said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful!!! May God hold Nicholas and you and your family in his mighty, tender hands. Smile and enjoy him! My prays are with you all. Cheryl cjabdelnour@hotmail.com

Tylerpants said...

Congrats on you new bundle of joy! I hope he gets to come home soon =)

lovepoetes said...

First of all, a big congratulations! And wishing your beautiful boy a speedy recovery. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Karol

cman said...

Congratulations! I will keep him in my prayers.

katklaw777 said...

A big congratulations!!!
Sending good vibes to you and your little one...hang in there!

TaraB12 said...

Best wishes. May he grow big and strong in no time!

Colleen Maurina said...

Many thoughts and prayers for your beautiful little boy! He will be home safe and well in no time. Congratulations!

angie lilly said...

OMG so glad he is OK being so early and that you are OK! Congrats!!!!!
Angie aka Tofu Fairy

Heather! said...

Oh, congratulations!! Welcome to the world, little Nicholas Domenic! You both will be in my thoughts and prayers for recovery!

Bless....