Tuesday, May 10, 2011
I like to find toys and games for my children that encourage thought and creativity. They aren't always easy to find. Sometimes it seems like everything out there is based off silly cartoon characters or filled with violence with no educational value whatsoever. Educational Insights understands how frustrating it can be to find toys that both parents and kids can all agree on. So they've made it their business to find the most exciting, educational toys out there, and bring them all together in one great website. One if the newest games they have released is an exciting measuring game called Inching Along.
Inching Along is the moonlight game of measuring madness. It was invented by a first grade teacher and is an great way to teach kids how to use a ruler. The children will draw a card. Then they have to measure the length of the firefly lines of that card. They will be able to move their playing piece forward that number of spaces. The first to get to 75 spaces will be the winner. My son has been having trouble grasping the measuring idea when he was working from his school book. He didn't even realize he was doing the same thing until I explained it to him. Now, thanks to this simple game, he is feeling much more confident in his school work.
My kids had so much fun playing this game. Long after my husband and I had to quit to get the baby ready for bed, they were still playing. Its a great way to develop measuring and counting skills and really gets kids thinking. I would recommend this game to anyone with kids five and up. And Inching Along is only one of dozens of fun and educational board games available from Educational Insights. They have game and toys that kids of all ages will love, and that parents can be proud to give to them.
Educational Insights and tell me another item you would love to have. For additional entries you can do any of the following, but you must complete this initial entry first. Any entries that do not follow these guidelines will be deleted.
1) Subscribe to my blog by email
2) Follow my blog on friend connect
3) Blog about this giveaway with a link to New Age Mama and Educational Insights(5 Entries)
4) Follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway using the button at the top of this post (Daily)
5) Become my friend on face book or a fan of New Age Mama on Face Book (one entry each)
6) Grab my main button and tell me where I can find it
7) Follow New Age Mama on Network Blog
8) Follow my author blog on friend connect, twitter, or face book (one entry each)
9) Post this giveaway on any sweepstakes site, Mr Linky, or other networking website-leave the link where I can find it (1 entry each)
10) Become a fan of Educational Insights on Face Book
11) Subscribe to the Educational Insights Newsletter
This giveaway will end at midnight on 5/29/11 and is open to the US only. The winner will be chosen via a random number generator. Thanks again to Educational Insights for offering this great prize!
***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. Please note that I am not responsible for the delivery of this prize and can not be held accountable if, for any reason, is it not received. Furthermore, I am in no way liable for any injuries that may result from the use or misuse of this product. ***