Monday, May 9, 2011
When it comes to board games, Educations Insights really knows how to find the best ones. A few months back, I told you about the exciting prehistoric game of Stix & Stones. Today, I have another game to tell you about that is just as much fun. Last night, my children and I had a ball playing Grammar 500. Its fun and educational game that will not only expand your children's vocabularies, but even parents may learn a thing or two.
Grammar 500 makes learning your grammar fun by turning it into a race to the finish. The game is designed for kids who are in 2nd grade or higher. How you play, is that you draw a card and see if you can answer one of 100 fun grammar, punctuation, capitalization, or usage questions. If you answer correctly, you get roll the die and move your piece forward. Whoever rounds the finish line first will be the winner.
Grammar 500 comes complete with a race track game board, 100 question cards, 4 "Pit Stop" answer cards, 4 Tire answer cards, 4 car pawns, 1 die and a teacher's guide. My children are eight and ten and they found the game to be challenging and fun. My son loves the race car theme. This is one of the first games that requires reading that he really enjoyed, and its a great way to improve their reading skills. Its also a great addition to family game night!
One lucky winner is going to receive the same Grammar 500 board game that we received to review. To enter, just visit Educational Insights and tell me another item you would love to have. For additional entries you can do any of the following, but you must complete this initial entry first. Any entries that do not follow these guidelines will be deleted.
1) Subscribe to my blog by email
2) Follow my blog on friend connect
3) Blog about this giveaway with a link to New Age Mama and Educational Insights(5 Entries)
4) Follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway using the button at the top of this post (Daily)
5) Become my friend on face book or a fan of New Age Mama on Face Book (one entry each)
6) Grab my main button and tell me where I can find it
7) Follow New Age Mama on Network Blog
8) Follow my author blog on friend connect, twitter, or face book (one entry each)
9) Post this giveaway on any sweepstakes site, Mr Linky, or other networking website-leave the link where I can find it (1 entry each)
10) Become a fan of Educational Insights on Face Book
11) Subscribe to the Educational Insights Newsletter
This giveaway will end at midnight on 5/28/11 and is open to the US only. The winner will be chosen via a random number generator. Thanks again to Educational Insights for offering this great prize!
***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. Please note that I am not responsible for the delivery of this prize and can not be held accountable if, for any reason, is it not received. Furthermore, I am in no way liable for any injuries that may result from the use or misuse of this product. ***