Monday, October 11, 2010

Wouldn't You Freak out if...

Your ex-husband emailed you this picture:


With a note that said your son just fell through the dock.  Even if he added, "but don't worry I fixed him and he's fine?"  So I call to see if they are in the ER or on their way there since I have the insurance cards, and he gets annoyed that I called.  He says, "Didn't you read your email, I said he was fine." Well, my response to that was I'm a mom and if you send me a picture of one of my babies covered in blood my first instinct is to call and hear him tell me himself that he's okay.

Apparently the "fell through the dock" statement was an exaggeration for "tripped on the dock".  And I guess after looking a little closer the cuts don't look too bad. I am still waiting for him to drop them off so I haven't had a chance to look at it in person yet. Hopefully it will be okay and he cleaned it out well so it doesn't get infected. Now, I don't want to sound like I'm  bashing my kids dad, because we get along pretty well considering. But he really got on my nerves because he was so annoyed that I called. Like it wasn't necessary at all. And when I asked if Frankie was hysterical he tells me the kids don't cry when they're with him because he doesn't "coddle" them. Hmpph!  Men can be such jerks sometimes.

3 comments:

EmmysBoosAndRawrs said...

Jeeze! I would have replied with something like 'or perhaps they don't cry around you because they feel like they can't?"

It's hard to tell how much is cut vs blood but I wouldn't blame any kid for crying if their leg was covered in blood like that, even if it was just out of shock/being scared more so than actual pain. Who feels calm when their leg is that bloody? Not me!

Kari said...

OMG I would have freaked out too!! Im glad your son is okay but man oh man..WOW!!!

Laura H. said...

I think I'd have to "hurt" somebody!! :-)