Thursday, June 24, 2010

Leisure Society Vintage Pillow Review





I love to accessorize my home. Its the statues, vases, and even throw pillows that really add a touch of personalization. How you decorate says a lot about your personality. I especially love to add unique homemade decor to my home. Etsy is always a great place to find beautiful handmade decorations. One such shop I found that specializes in handmade eco-friendly pillows is the Leisure Society.




Aside from the beautiful hand embroidered designs, what makes these pillows really special is how they are made. Their pillow inserts are made from recycled soda bottles shredded up into fine filaments. I find this amazing, especially considering how soft they are. They also use vintage and reclaimed fabric in many of their pillows. I love the idea of getting an original work of art while helping the planet at the same time.  Plus just one pillow can give your whole living room or bedroom a new look.




For our review, we received the Pink hand-embroidered vintage pillow with eco insert. I choose this one because it matches both my daugher's bed and my baby's crib. I love the bright colors. It really makes it stand out. It's very eye catching. The daises are hand embroidered and the insert is made with recycled materials.  Please note that is just for decoration and not for sleeping on. Willow is just in the picture to provide optimal cuteness.



If you are interested in learning more about the Leisure Society, check out their website or their blog. If you want to make a stylish statement in your home, Leisure Society is defintely the way to go! 






***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

0 comments: