Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Me & Goji Custom Artisanal Cereal Review





I've always been a cereal person. I eat it for breakfast and lunch most days of the week.  But I also enjoy healthy and organic products. So of course I was thrilled to have the chance to try out Me and Goji. Their ingredients are all USDA certified organic, and the best part is you get to choose which ingredients you want for your custom cereal.



It was a lot of fun creating my own custom cereal. There are so many tasty ingredients to choose from it was hard to decide what to use.  I asked my husband to help out because I'm not the best at mixing and matching foods. We settled on the golden granola mix with bananas and chocolate chips. Let me tell you. It was awesome. Even my kids enjoyed it. The granola mix has lots of extras like cashews and sunflowers. I was surprised when my even kids enjoyed it. Usually they will only eat cereal that turns their milk chocolate. The only thing I didn't like was that the bananas were a little hard to chew. If I could, I would make new custom cereals every week. But the prices are a little high (this box came out to over $20 with shipping) so it will have to be something I only have once every few months as a treat.




The designing of the cereal is very simple. The system walks you through a few steps where you use the base and then you can add in as many extras as you want for an additional price. Once you're done making your masterpiece, you can even give it a name (we named ours Willow after our baby) and add a picture. Its a fun activity with a healthy result for both children and adults.




Right now at Me & Goji you can enter a contest to win a free year of cereal or $100 American Express Gift Card, just for referring your friends to their website. If you want to keep up with the latest news, you can sign up for their newsletter in the upper right hand corner of the website. You can also follow them on  twitter or fan them on Face Book. However you do it, Me & Goji cereal is fun and original idea that is defintelty worth checking out.




***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

0 comments: