Saturday, February 6, 2010

Blizzard


I know a lot of places are gettting hit with snow. But here in Cape May County, New Jersey, we're having the worst blizzard we've had in 100 years. I've never in my life seen so much snow. The weight of it has already knocked down three of my trees (luckily not onto my house). But our neighbors tree did fall onto our car. My husband was able to dig it out enough to see that there isn't too much damage. Maybe just a little dent, but since we just bought the car last month its still a little frustrating. We moved it across the street so it wouldn't get covered when the snow ploy came by. So far it hasn't come by at all.  We are in a state of emergency and aren't allowed to drive. Luckily, I haven't lost power or heat like a lot of other cities in my county. Its scary to think about having no heat with a new baby in the house.  We're just trying to stay safe and warm until its over which hopefully won't be too much longer. Good luck to everyone else out there going through the same thing.

5 comments:

Jenna said...

I hope you all stay warm and safe! Iowa has been getting hit with snow over and over again. I'm ready for warm weather!

sharonjo said...

Hope you stay safe and warm and don't lose power. You're right--with a new baby that would be scary. We were without electricity for 5 days (!!) a year ago and it was totally awful. Sorry about your car :(

Mir said...

I'm sure by now you've managed to dig yourself out and hopefully all is well and no more damage was done! We were supposed to be hit big time too but it wasn't as bad as they said it would be. I almost wish we'd gotten more snow but looking at some places, I better be careful what I wish for!

Dana said...

This winter has been crazy! I'm in Iowa and we've had 57.5 inches of snow this season. We've had at least 5+ inches of snow on the ground for over 40 days straight. I'm ready for summer!!

HappyMomC said...

Wow! That's a pretty picture!. this winter's been crazy, we mostly do not get snow...south carolina...but this year was an exception! Loved it!