Saturday, December 19, 2009

Let it Snow!



I just posted a week or so ago and said that we barely ever get snow here.  Well, mother nature decided to make a liar out of me.  Last night we got a few inches and its still coming down. Life as we know it has pretty much come to stand still. Everything was cancelled for the day, the roads were pretty quiet, and not many people are leaving their houses. At the Jersey Shore, we're pretty paralyzed by snow. 




My poor hubby spent most of the day shoveling. I can't help since I'm on bed rest and in fact couldn't go out and play in the snow at all. But the kids had a great time and so did our golden retriever. She was going crazy running and jumping and eating the snow. She's only eight months old and this was the first time she every saw snow. The strangest thing about this snow storm was that at my mom's house which is only about 10 minutes away, they didn't get anything but a dusting that disappeared before noon while we're still buried. Go figure.

3 comments:

annies home said...

that is wild the places that normally dont get snow are getting it this year

Yona said...

Ugg. We get terrible snow and ice in my neck of the woods. The sun was shining brightly today and I almost broke my butt on black ice.

Anita DeFrank said...

Eh, let Mother Nature make a liar out of ya. I hate snow - simply because I can't drive in it though. Otherwise, I think it's beautiful! So, if you get to see the beautiful snow only once in a great while, you'll appreciate it a lot more!

Oh yeah, and living in PA - not too too far from you - my husband and I were used to getting buried often every winter. But our kids don't understand that beings the past few years we've gotten little to no snow!

And now I do hope Mother Nature doesn't make a liar out of me too cause I do have a lot of running to do over the next few weeks!