Monday, November 19, 2018

Holiday Gift Guide - Little Women DVD from Masterpiece



Based on Louisa May Alcott’s beloved novel, and set against the background of a country divided, “Little Women” follows the four March sisters on their journey from childhood to adulthood while their father is away at war. Under the guidance of their mother, the girls navigate what it means to be a young woman. Starring Emily Watson, Michael Gambon, Angela Lansbury and Maya Hawke. The run time of the program is 180 minutes. 
My Thoughts
Little Women is one of my all time favorite novels. It centers around a group of sisters who are coming of age. As they travel to adulthood, they go through many different trials. They find love, get married, and some even get careers. Two of my favorite parts are when Jo sells her hair to get medicine for her sister, and when she gets a job as a writer.
This was a great adaption that stayed reasonably close to the novel. I have seen many different versions come out over the years, but I think this is my favorite. The costumes and settings were realistic, and the actors were just as I pictured them when I was reading the book. If you want grab a copy of this fantastic DVD, you can find it in stores nationwide or online at Amazon.

0 comments: