Thursday, July 12, 2018

Try a new art technique this summer with books from, The Quarto Group.


The lazy days of summer are great times to try out a new art technique, and The Quarto Group has you covered. Whether you want to create a collage with The Creature Garden, or improve your drawing skills with Ten-Step Drawing: Animals, these books provide step-by-step instruction and fun projects for you to tackle.

My Thoughts:

The Quarto Group was kind enough to allow me to review both of their fantastic books. As an art teacher year round, I'm always looking for new projects to add to my lesson plans. I also love doing these activities myself as a way to relax after a long day. The summaries were so good that I couldn't help but be excited to read these! I received both The Creature Garden and Ten-Step Drawing: Animals. Here are the descriptions:


The Creature Garden takes you on a step-by-step expedition through the natural world, teaching you how to draw and paint 50 beasts--both real and imagined--in a whimsical folk-art style.

The Creature Garden

An Illustrator's Guide to Beautiful Beasts & Fictional Fauna

By Harry & Zanna Goldhawk

$25.00 US / $33.00 CAN

Hardcover / 160 Pages

ISBN: 9781631064272

Rock Point Gift & Stationery



The blank page can be daunting, but Ten-Step Drawing: Animals offers a quick and easy starting point for any doodler, illustrator, or aspiring artist.

Ten-Step Drawing: Animals

Learn to Draw 75 Animals in Ten Easy Steps!

By Heather Kilgour

$14.99 US / $19.99 US

Paperback / 128 Pages

ISBN: 9781633224889

Walter Foster Publishing

I adored both of these books. The artwork was so unique. The best part was there's something for everyone. Whether you are a beginner or an intermediate artist, you are able to follow the instructions. The first picture is from Ten-Step Drawing: Animals and the second is from The Creature Garden. Those were two of my favorite designs as I'm a huge fan of Sloths and Narwals. I loved how vivid the designs were and detailed. It really added an element of both realism and fun. I cannot wait to take these books into my classroom for my students to enjoy!



Connect with The Quarto Group:





0 comments: