Saturday, March 11, 2017

Mythologica: Beasts to Color


This gorgeously illustrated, intricately designed collection of mythical beasts to color offers hours of relaxing, absorbing fun to coloring book fans and fantasy fans alike. It features custom-made artwork from two internationally acclaimed illustrators and includes everything from a majestic dragon, flying phoenix, and a soaring Pegasus to a fire-breathing dragon, incredible kraken, beautiful unicorn, and beyond. Every single page allows coloring fans to take their time, concentrate, and create something exquisite and unforgettable. Each striking design is printed on perforated paper, so it is easily pulled out and readily available for display once you’re done. Long-time coloring book fans and beginners alike will be delighted as they create an alternate world filled with mythical creatures in Mythologica.


My Thoughts



Coloring is a favorite pastime of kids everywhere. We all spent hours during our childhoods filling page after page with color. We had fun, and it fulfilled our creative sides. Somewhere along the way, most of us grow up and feel that coloring books are a thing that we have to set aside as we take on adult responsibilities However,. I am steadily racking up my stock of adult coloring books. I absolutely love them. They take you straight back to your childhood, and give you a relaxing outlet. As a kid I would color for hours with music playing in the background and it is still something I do today. They are much better than the kids coloring books that I play with with my kids. Now they can use their age appropriate books perfect for adults.

The Mythologica: Beasts to Color Book is my favorites from Barron so far because I love fantasy themed artwork. There are beautiful pictures of dragons, phoenixes, centaurs, and various types of  mythological creatures throughout the book.  I like to use colored pencils and skinny markers. The markers don't bleed through the pages, but even if they do they're blank on the back of each page. Plus, the pages are  perforated which is great because the pictures are so pretty, I want to take some of them out and frame them!


 Mythologica: Beasts to Color book is definitely quirky and unique. My daughter loves this book as much as I do, and had a great time working on the beautiful unicorn page.  Each page is different and it feels like the characters could step right out of the pages.  The designs are challenging to color, but still a lot of fun. The artwork in each of this book is stunning. With so many options, there really is something for everyone.


0 comments: