Saturday, January 14, 2017

Save the Day with Slow Cooker Family Favorites by Maggie Shi!



The new year is officially here! That means back to busy school schedules, chilly evenings, and nights in. If you have had a chance to look at Maggie Shi’s new, Slow Cooker Family Favorites (October 2016; Paperback; $19.95), I think you’ll agree that it’s the perfect cookbook for this time of year.

Hearty, hands-off dinners like Spicy Mexican Chicken Stew and Pesto Stuffed Shells are the easiest way to get the whole family sitting down to a home-cooked dinner, no matter how busy your night is. But your slow cooker is good for so much more than stews and soups—recipes for dips, appetizers, desserts and warm drinks will carry you all the way through the year!

8 out of 10 American families have a slow cooker—put it to use whipping up treats like Cheesy Bacon Dip, Banana Caramel Cake, and Honey Bourbon Cider!


My Thoughts: 

One thing I love to do is cook! It is something that has always been so relaxing to me to kick back, throw some nutritious ingredients together, and make a meal my whole family will enjoy. However, sometimes time does not always allow me to spend some extra time in the kitchen. That is where a slow cooker comes in handy. It is much quicker for families and college students like me to throw my favorite things in and allow the slow cooker to do the work for me! 

Maggie Shi shares some of her yummy gourmet ideas that are family friendly and not overly difficult to do! Everything from dinners, dips, drinks, and my favorite- desserts! Who knew you could do so much with a slow cooker? I had no idea I could make sure an array of unique things. This book is a must have for people who are pressed for time, but still wanting to spend time with family enjoying a good meal. It will help save you time and still have the joy of cooking a fresh dish. 

If you are a parent or person on the go, this book is a must have for you! Bring your family together with these delicious recipes from Maggie Shi!

Connect with Maggie Shi:




0 comments: