Friday, November 25, 2016

Movie Review: The Captive

I've developed a bit of a fascination with silent films lately, so I had to check this one out. It's about a woman who's brother dies in war, and is left alone with her other brother and a home to take care of. Prisoners of war are being assigned to women who have lost the men in their lives to help them out. 

It's a little surreal and haunting watching these movies, but they're interesting as well. I like the tones the movie is shot in, and the story was nice. I really liked the little moments of humor they spread throughout as Sonya tries to teach Muhamud how to do the chores required, chores he messes up quite often. I also liked the way the movie ended. I thought it was both a sad ending, and a good ending. 

I'd definitely recommend giving this film and other silent movies a try. They take a little getting used to, but they usually have a great sense of humor and there is some beautiful music included. 




0 comments: