Wednesday, October 12, 2016

"Boo It Forward" with Ghostbusters #booitforward



With Halloween right around the corner, Ghostbusters has partnered with Walmart to create Ghostbusters themed "Boo It Forward" kits.  The tradition of "Booing your Neighbor" has  really grown in popularity the last few years. It's a fun, safe, family-oriented activity. It's also known as "Ghosting" or "Boo-gramming." 


This week, my kids put together a home decorated bag of treats for a few of their local friends. They included a note with instructions on how to "boo" and a cute little poem. Now the next person can deliver a gift anonymously to their neighbor, friend, or relative. The recipient has 48 hours to boo their next door neighbor or friend. It's like a chain letter, but way more fun.


After booing it forward, we went back home to relax with our blu-ray copy of Ghostbusters.  I was excited to see this version of an old favorite. Seeing women leading the way was a great twist, but that wasn't the only difference. There are new villains to battle and modern day graphics that take special effects to a whole new level. 
This is definitely not what I expected, but I wasn't disappointed. Though it is loosely based on the original, this movie can certainly stand on it's own. I'm so glad that Slimer still played a role in the movie.  I was a kid myself back when the original Ghostbusters came out. To make it even more fun, the extended version has some bonus footage you won't find anywhere else .Getting to watch the new version with my own children was like carrying on a tradition! My kids loved it just as much as I did.




0 comments: