Monday, September 5, 2016

Better than a Maid - bObsweep Robotic Vacuum



With four kids and four pets, my vacuum gets a work out almost every day of week. Two of my biggest messes are the constant shedding from my golden retriever and the multiple cups of goldfish crackers my kids spill all over the floor on a daily basis. I need to vacuum at least once a day, and it ca take lot of time away from other projects. I've been wanting to try a robot vacuum for a long time, but they were just too expensive. That is, until I found the bObsweep .  With a price-mark that is under $400, the bObsweep PetHair  is an affordable option, but I wondered if it would really be able to handle everything my family could throw at it. I put aside my old vacuum for a few days and used the  bObsweep PetHair in its place. I was pretty impressed with the results.

First off, there is no real assembly required.  I always get nervous when things aren't put together for me, but this was ready to go right out of the box.  No tools required.  It even came fully charged and ready to go.  Just turn on the power and it starts cleaning for you.  It's fascinating to watch this thing in action. It will go forward and pick things up until it bumps into something. Then it will turn right away and start going in the other direction. It was able to move between rooms easily and worked very well on hardwood floors, tile, and most of the carpet in the house. The only area where we ran into a little trouble was on the area carpet in my living room. That is brand new and super thick material. The bObsweep PetHair  wasn't able to move on that carpet no matter what setting I used. So, if you have really thick carpets, this won't be the vacuum for you. Luckily, I only have this is a small portion of my house, and it worked great everywhere else.So while it's great for everyday cleaning, I still need to use my larger vacuum in the living room from time to time.

As far as suction, this sucker is definitely powerful. I had no trouble picking up clumps of cat and dog hair, and those pesky goldfish came up easily as well.  I also found it worked great at sweeping up the excess cat litter that got kicked out of the box.  This little robot picked up everything in its path from dried dirt tracked in from outside to bread crumbs the little ones dropped on the floor.  It's also very quiet while it's moving. I can get my work done and I won't even notice it's still running. 



When you're finished vacuuming, there are no bags involved with this vacuum. All the dirt in a little canister on the side of the vacuum. This was very easy to dump out, and there was no mess involved.  It also holds a lot more than I expected. I can vacuum at least one whole room before I need to empty it out.  When you put it back on, it snaps right back into place with one push! All in all, I was very happy with the performance of bObsweep PetHair. It makes vacuuming quick and easy, and I don't even have to get up out of my chair!  This handy little vacuum gets the job done with practically no effort on my part. It's better than a maid, and a lot cheaper too!




0 comments: