Saturday, July 30, 2016

Magical Cats Pads of Color




New from the popular Pads of Color series! Magical Catstakes two favorite things, coloring and cats, and offers an unforgettable coloring book that combines the best of this magical pair. Intricate patterns and motifs include cats at play, cats at rest, headshots of lions and tigers, and more. Like all of the books in the Pads of Color series, this uniquely formatted adult coloring book resembles a notepad in shape and size, allowing you to do your coloring at home or on the go. It features an attractive foil cover, while inside, colorists will find 80 pages of one-sided illustrations, so today's work of art won't bleed through and ruin tomorrow's masterpiece. Each work of art is the cat's meow for feline fans and coloring book buffs alike.


My Thoughts 

I have not colored for myself since I was young. Having kids, I have colored with them in their coloring books, but it was usually time spent with them. When I got my copy of Magical Cats, this was something for me. I sat down with it and used a set of Sharpie Markers that worked really good on the pages. I spent roughly forty minutes working on a few pages, and I didn't want to stop.  The whole book isn't not done yet, and it will take some time, but I'm okay with that. It was fun to sit back and think about each pattern, and how I wanted to color it. I especially loved this book because of all the adorable cats designs. I have three cats, and all three tried to nuzzle my hand out of the way so they could get a look at the picture.

The markers I used dried quickly and if my hand sat on an area I colored while coloring somewhere else, there was no bleed onto my hand or through the paper. The paper is well made and is perforated on the ends.  It's very sturdy and hard will say, I did feel relaxed while coloring with in this book. I've been looking for time to sit down and color in it again.




0 comments: