“THE FINEST HOURS,” a heroic action-thriller based on the true story of a 1952 U.S. Coast Guard rescue, storms home on Blu-ray Combo Pack, Digital HD, Disney Movies Anywhere, and On-Demand on May 24th, 2016. Starring Chris Pine (the “Star Trek” films), Academy Award® and Golden Globe® nominee Casey Affleck (“Interstellar”), Ben Foster (“3:10 to Yuma”) and Eric Bana (“Lone Survivor”), “THE FINEST HOURS” makes its in-home debut packaged with a host of bonus features about the making of the movie and the remarkable true-life events that inspired it.
Based on the acclaimed non-fiction book of the same name by Casey Sherman and Michael J. Tougias, viewers can enjoy diving into the thrilling eye of the storm with: An all-new documentary “Against All Odds: The Bernie Webber Story,” in which real-life residents of Chatham recall the events that set the stage for the film’s historic rescue mission; Four making-of featurettes highlighting cast members experiences and reflections by members of the U.S. Coast Guard; as well as two never-before-shared Deleted Scenes.
Directed by Craig Gillespie (“Million Dollar Arm”), “THE FINEST HOURS” stars Chris Pine (the “Star Trek” films); Academy Award® and Golden Globe® nominee Casey Affleck (“Interstellar”); Ben Foster (“3:10 to Yuma”); Holliday Grainger (“Cinderella”); John Ortiz (“Silver Linings Playbook”); and Eric Bana (“Lone Survivor”). The film is produced by Jim Whitaker (“Cinderella Man”) and Dorothy Aufiero (“The Fighter”), the screenplay is by Oscar® nominee Scott Silver (“8 Mile”) and Oscar nominees Paul Tamasy & Eric Johnson (“The Fighter”) based on the acclaimed non-fiction book of the same name by Casey Sherman and Michael J. Tougias. Doug Merrifield (the “Pirates of the Caribbean” films) serves as executive producer.
Blu-ray Combo Pack, Digital HD, Digital SD, Disney Movies Anywhere
· AGAINST ALL ODDS: THE BERNIE WEBBER STORY – Visit the quaint and close-knit town of Chatham, and experience the events surrounding the most heroic Coast Guard rescue ever through the eyes of the people who witnessed them.
· BROTHERHOOD – Cast members reflect on the bonds they forged during the shoot.
· TWO CREWS – Chris Pine and Casey Affleck share insights into Bernie Webber and Ray Sybert, men who led their respective crews against all odds.
· WHAT IS YOUR FINEST HOUR? – A Coast Guard member recounts an incredible rescue.
· THE FINEST INSPIRATION: THE U.S. COAST GUARD Meet the people who put their lives on the line for others.
· DELETED SCENES:
o A Desperate Idea
o The Story of How They Met
· THE FINEST INSPIRATION: THE U.S. COAST GUARD
The Finest Hours is set in 1951 in the small town of Wellfleet, MA. It starts out with Bernie, who is in the coast guard, meeting and falling in love with Miriam. We quickly shift to their engagement a year later. That same night, a big Nor'Easter is heading their way and a tanker gets into serious trouble. Bernie is assigned to assemble a crew to search for survivors. What takes place after that is non-stop action and life and death decisions.
This was such a great movie with lots of action. It's even more compelling because it was inspired by a true story. The cast all did a great job and the effects were fantastic. You can watch it again and again, and still be left biting your nails at some points. I definitely recommend checking out this movie.