Sunday, April 17, 2016

Mother's Day Gift Guide - Custom brew your tea with Capresso Ice Tea Maker





“Capresso” combines the words “cappuccino” and “espresso” to produce something new and distinctive in the world of coffee.

Custom brew a refreshing pitcher of iced tea at the touch of a button with the Capresso Iced Tea Maker. Iced tea can be served and stored in the beautiful glass pitcher.

Connect with Capresso






My Thoughts

I've never used an ice tea maker before until I tried this one from Capresso. I am a southern woman, so iced tea is a favorite drink of mine, especially if it's sweet. I was excited to give this a try and see how well it make classic iced tea.

There are two way to brew. On the glass pitcher is a line to fill for ice or a line to fill with cold water. I tested this with both. The first time I used it, I used the ice method. It used a lot of ice, so be sure you have a good amount on hand. I then filled the back water compartment, put in my tea bags and brewed. I didn't add my sugar before it brewed because I wasn't sure if I could put sugar on the ice. So after it was made, I added the sugar, but had a hard time dissolving it because it was very cold from the ice, but still good because it's made and ready to drink. No time needed for the liquid to cool.

Once we finished that batch, I decided to try making it the other way, with cold water. This time I added my sugar to the cold water and set up the tea maker the same as before, minus ice. After it brewed, I stirred the liquid so the sugar was absorbed. This worked well and would probably be the method I would use if I was just brewing tea with the intent of putting into my fridge for later. The liquid is still very warm since ice wasn't used, so if you're going to drink it right away, you'll need ice in your cup.

My only complaint with this product was when pouring it. We usually had to pour over the sink because it often leaked down the side of the pitcher that was provided for some reason. Aside from that, I was pleased with this product and will continue to use it to make tea. I found it quick and easy to make it without having to watch a clock and remove my tea bags before they sat in water for too long brewing.

I would like to add that a recipe book came with the system with lots of different ideas on drinks to brew. Some were not teas, such as iced coffees. Lots of things to be done with this machine.



0 comments: