MASTER LOCK KICKS OFF WEDDING SEASON AND NATIONAL SAFETY MONTH
WITH TIPS TO HELP COUPLES CREATE A SECURE MARITAL LIFESTYLE
Saying “I do” is one of the most significant commitments and milestones people experience during their lifetime. Master Lock is kicking off wedding season and National Safety Month by reminding newlyweds of important safety and security precautions to consider as they embark on married life.
“Getting married is the beginning of a new chapter in couples’ lives,” said Rebecca Smith, vice president, marketing for Master Lock. “Understandably, many couples are focused on the excitement of planning a wedding and don’t always spend time ensuring for a safe and secure future. Master Lock can help newlyweds by offering a variety of reliable tips and products they can trust.”
As a part of the brand’s continuous commitment to keep consumers safe through all life stages, Master Lock is providing married couples with these safety tips and easy-to-use products:
1. The Registry: Although more than 2 million couples tie the knot each year, 84 percent of U.S. and Canadian residents do not include safety items on their wedding registry.* Adding a durable, long-lasting safe, such as the Sentry Safe FHW40200 Waterproof Fire-Resistant File, to your registry will help ensure your valuables, marriage license and other important belongings are protected and safeguarded for years to come.
2. The Honeymoon: Whether you are traveling to an exotic destination or spending the weekend away, your honeymoon is a celebratory time for you and your spouse. As you pack your sunglasses, sandals and suits, don’t forget to lock up your luggage with a Master Lock 4688D or 4692D TSA-Accepted Luggage Lock to protect your valuables while traveling. Make sure to keep credit cards, cash, jewelry and other small items in the portable Master Lock 5900D SafeSpace personal safe to secure your belongings while you have some fun in the sun.
3. The Home: Buying your dream home and moving in together may be the first time couples combine their belongings. From electronics to jewelry, your home is the place where all of your personal valuables and belongings are located. With a burglary occurring every 15 seconds,** turn your house into a safe haven with added protection and security measures. Beyond customary locks, use a Master Lock 265DCCSEN Door Security Bar to resist forced entry through front, patio or sliding glass doors.
4. The Finances: Filing jointly with your spouse offers many advantages, and with a new marital status comes significant changes that could affect your taxes. Couples who jointly file are able to deduct two exemption amounts from their income and qualify for multiple credits. To keep all your necessary tax documents organized and protected throughout the year, use the Master Lock Vault, a free, digital safe deposit box, to store credit card numbers and digital copies of tax forms or other important documents in a secure, reliable location for easy access from any smart phone or computer.
5. The Commitment: Getting married should be a positive time in your life, and committing to your spouse and relationship is a significant milestone. As in other areas of your life, marriage will be full of ups and downs. Planning for the long-term, discussing your goals, compromising and making sacrifices are all important steps to creating a happy and strong foundation together.
For more safety tips and products, visit the Master Lock website or connect with Master Lock on social via Facebook,Twitter, Pinterest or YouTube.
About Master Lock
The Master Lock Company is recognized around the world as the authentic, enduring name in and security products. Master Lock Company offers a broad range of innovative security and safety solutions for consumer, commercial, and industrial end-users. Master Lock Company LLC is an operating unit of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc., a leading consumer brands company. Headquartered in Deerfield, Ill., Fortune Brands Home & Security Inc. (NYSE: ), is included in the S&P MidCap 400 Index. For more information about Master Lock visit .
*According to a March 2015 Safety and Security Survey of more than 1,500 U.S. and Canadian residents conducted by Master Lock via SurveyMonkey.
**According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Connect with Master Lock
I received a Master Lock Small Safe - 5900D to review. My husband travels a lot for work and this safe has given him an added feeling of security when leaving personal belongings in his hotel room.
The safe is small and easily fits in a suitcase or work bag, not taking up much room. It easily fits a phone and wallet, with a bit of space left to add a few other smaller items.
Setting and changing the code on the safe was easy. The numbers spin easy and the buttons to open the safe were easy to press and didn't require much pressure.
A must have for anyone who is traveling or while on a family vacation. The cord that goes around a table legs or something else, was thick and wouldn't be able to be cut with typical scissors, so you can leave it with piece of mind the average person won't run off with it.
One lucky winner is going to receive a Master Lock 5900D Small Safe. To enter, just fill in the Rafflecopter form below. This giveaway will end on 7/13/15. Open to the US only. The winner will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to reply. Thanks again to the sponsor for offering this fantastic prize.
a Rafflecopter giveaway