Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Mother's Day Gift Guide - Gaiam Elephant Reversible Yoga Mat


I love Yoga, but for a long time, I had to put it on the back burner. Happily, now that my kids are getting a little bigger, I'm finally finding some free time to get back into it. My teen daughter and I do it together after the younger kids go to sleep. It's such a wonderful and invigorating exercise that stimulates your mind, body, and soul. When you're a yoga enthusiast like I am, you need the perfect accessories, the most important of which is a good mat.  At Gaiam, I found mats that offer both physical and mental advantages.






This year Gaiam has rolled out some really awesome new designs, including the Elephant Reversible Yoga Mat.  There are two sides to the mat, and both are breathtaking. The first side is the elephant, which honors the great Ganesha, one of my patron deities. He stands in a background of soothing blue, perfect for relaxation and tranquility.

The back of the mat is just as lovely. It consists of an ancient paisley pattern in bright orange, a color that revitalizes and energizes, which is perfect for more intense workouts.



 I was in love with this reversible mat as soon as I opened the package.  It gives you the sense of being closer to nature and invigorates your workout.  Of course these yoga mats are not only lovely to look at, they are also extremely functional. The extra long length gives you lots of room to work with. They are sturdy and long lasting, and really help with traction.  Plus, the mat is free from the six most harmful Phthalates. The firmness of it allows you to keep your balance even in the most difficult poses.




Of course, this is only one example of the beautiful mats and yoga accessories available from Gaiam. For more information or to see all the amazing yoga products available, visit Gaiam on their website or follow them via their social media. If you're  a yoga practitioner, you really have to get one of these mats. It will enhance your experience in ways you can't even imagine!





Connect with Gaiam