Monday, April 27, 2015

Repurpose - compostable paper products



Repurpose products are made from plants like corn and sugar, which are annually-renewable resources. And unlike traditional plastic or even paper items, all Repurpose products are 100% compostable in an industrial composter. But they still maintain their high quality and functionality!
All Repurpose products are BPA-free, chlorine-free, petroleum-free and use only soy-based inks and are now available at Safeway, Albertsons, Vons and online at RepurposeCompostables.com.

About Repurpose: Repurpose was founded by a group of eco-entrepreneurs driven to positively impact the environment by changing everyday behavior. Realizing the devastating effect single-use plastics were having on the environment and the fact that no alternatives existed for the consumer, Repurpose decided to manufacture its own. Repurpose, a line of sustainable tableware that looks out for the health of you, your family, and the planet, was born. Our mission is to reduce the amount of plastics in our environment and offer guilt-free, renewable alternatives. By purchasing from Repurpose, consumers support a woman-owned, sustainable company that is changing the world—one cup, fork and plate at a time. Visit RepurposeCompostables.comRepurpose—Welcome to a Cleaner World.

Connect with Repurpose:




My Thoughts:

I really liked how stable and sturdy the Repurpose products were. I was able to carry food on the plates, even warm food, and they didn't bend in the middle as plates have in the past. When tossing these into the trash, I had a sense that I wasn't about to fill a landfill with something that would take time to decompose.

The bowls were also made the same, and the smaller plates. The coffee cups were thick and when used with warm liquids, didn't get hot to the touch. My only thing with the coffee cups, was the lids themselves weren't very good. They felt more like a cheap plastic and I experienced them leaking on me. I still used the cup, but I had to swap out the lids for something more sturdy and didn't leak when using.

I also received cups similar to a red solo cup. I found the material to be and sturdy. There was no leaking, and the material was smooth and comfortable in my hand.

Overall, I was very pleased with these products and they would be something I would use in my household. I've never been a big paper plate user because I dislike throwing things away. It's always been easier to wash a plate, but with a product like this, when we have a large amount of guest over and I use Repurpose plates, I won't have to think so much about the waste.






0 comments: