Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Go Fish!: Wild Planet Ranked #1 Tuna Brand for Sustainability



Recently, Greenpeace, an international environmental organization working towards a green and peaceful future, honored Wild Planet Foods by ranking them as the most sustainable and ethical tuna brand in the U.S.

With strict quality control from hook to shelf, Wild Planet’s mission has been to produce safe, nutritious, great-tasting and sustainably-caught seafood since 2001. With harvesting practices 100% compliant with the Best Choices for Sustainability recommendations of Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch, all of Wild Planet’s tuna products are sustainably caught using pole and line or troll caught fishing methods. 



Wild Planet is honored to be recognized in the Greenpeace ranking as a “go-to eco-brand, topping the ranks for its dedication to ensuring its tuna products are sustainable and responsible.” In accepting this recognition, Wild Planet pledges to continue providing high-quality, sustainable tuna while raising industry awareness and educating consumers about sustainable practices.


For more information about Wild Planet Foods, its mission, products and sustainability practices, please visit www.wildplanetfoods.com.  




My Thoughts

My children love to eat Tuna, but the way they are caught has always has always been a concern to me. With Wild Planet, we can get the great taste we love without a guilty conscience, because Wild Planet uses sustainable methods to catch their fish.

We received an assortment of products to try. I'm not a real big fish eater in general, but I do enjoy canned tuna and I made sandwiches for  my kids. It was rich, meaty and so very fresh. It even smelled amazing. The salmon I passed on to my mom, and she was just as impressed.  Both cans are easy to open and inside there were big hunks of fresh meat.  While no one I know eats sardines or anchovies, I have no doubt that these would be just as good.

The Wild Planet fish we tried was definitely superior to  other store brands, but it's their pledge to the earth that really caught my attention. I live by the ocean and the marine life is important to me. I hate to think of the beautiful creatives of the sea suffering needlessly. Wild Planet delivers the best fish to our table, without doing harm in the process. If you'd like to learn more about this fabulous company and all they have to offer, you can visit their website or follow them via social media.

Connect with Wild Planet

Face book    Twitter      Pinterest     Instagram   Google + 



0 comments: