Saturday, March 7, 2015

Book Review: Living Well, Spending Less: 12 Secrets of the Good Life




Ruth Soukup knows exactly what it is like to want what you can't afford and spend more than you have. She also knows the downward spiral of out-of-control spending and the destruction it can cause.  Soukup's newest book, "Living Well, Spending Less: 12 Secrets of the Good Life," shares her personal experience and insights to help readers focus on what matters most.

"I have found that the state of my finances usually mirrors the state of the rest of my life," Soukup states in "Living Well, Spending Less." "If I am a mess with my money, then I am generally a mess everywhere else. Thus, I am passionate about saving money, not because I have all the answers, but because I have learned that money – whether too much of it or too little – permeates every area, every single facet, of our lives.... Ultimately how we spend our money is a direct reflection of what is in our hearts."

"In Living Well, Spending Less," Soukup not only shares her highly sought-after money-saving secrets on an even larger scale, but challenges her readers to seek a life rich not in material things but rather the true treasures to be discovered in faith, family, friends and creativity.

My  thoughts:

This was a very easy read, and the author get's right to the point of things.  Almost as if she is talking right to me.  One of my favorite parts in this book is "Purge your excess stuff"! Wow!  I think we all have excess stuff that seems to take over our homes.  I know that my ten and seven year old have enough toys for ten kids.  So after reading this book, one thing we did was donated toys that my kids no longer played with but would not let me rid of them.

The author broke this book up into two parts.  The first is "Living Well" and the second part is "Spending Less"  She touches so many topics that will make you think twice about things, such as stop buying stuff that isn't needed.  And also that more stuff will not necessary make us happy.  We all overspend on things that aren't needed.  

This book will remain in my private library and is a book I highly recommend to be read.  I have had three of my friends read mine and have had nothing but positive thoughts after reading it.





0 comments: