Saturday, February 21, 2015

Book Review: THE ADRENAL RESET DIET



The emerging idea is that weight gain is a survival response, and that our bodies are under attack from many directions – an overabundance of processed food, a polluted world, and the pressures of daily life all take their toll – which hits the adrenal glands particularly hard.
In the first scientifically sound, patient-tested weight-loss plan developed by a natural endocrinologist, THE ADRENAL RESET DIET: Strategically Cycle Carbs and Proteins to Lose Weight, Balance Hormones, and Move from Stressed to Thriving
My thoughts;
Wow!  What a great book.  I have tried so many diets, but have had zero luck.  My hormones are out of whack due to early menopause, not to mention I have a sluggish thyroid. And this book is not your everyday diet book, but an educational book.
There is so much information in this book.  And it is written in a very easy to understand text.  From foods you should eat, to great tasting recipes that aren't hard to make. My favorite section was how the reset works.  It goes into detail about protein vs. carbs.  I always thought the lower the carb intake the better. I was wrong. l never  knew much at all about my Adrenal gland,  until reading this book. I learned so much.  I am going to pass this along to some good friends as well as my mom to read, as I think it will definitely help them also.   


0 comments: