Wednesday, January 7, 2015

DLink Cloud Camera Review


The Cloud Camera is a wireless camera with pan and tilt functionality, allowing you to keep an eye on what's important to you from anywhere you are.

Worried that you forgot to close the door on your way to work?
Feel restless because there's nobody at home when you're traveling or on a business trip?
Curious to know what your pets get up to when you're not there?
Or you're a small business owner, company or shop and want to keep an eye on your premises?



Installing surveillance cameras is an ideal choice for many families, shops or small business owners. 

However, the complex, cumbersome, costly installation and deployment can be daunting.

What is needed is a simple, wireless, low-cost and well designed product that could offer powerful functionality and convenience.




 The answer is the DLink Cloud camera!

Our Thoughts

The setup was easy. I used the WPS connection from my router and I could then see it connected on my network and browsed to the IP and set everything else up from there. I chose to use local storage and configure the camera from the camera login as it has just about everything you would want already built in. I assigned it a static IP and forwarded the port in my router and just like that I could login from anywhere. Make sure you change the default login for security reasons. You can also setup guest accounts that can’t access the admin tools.

The camera spins almost completely around and straight up.  It doesn't go down as far as I hoped it would but I was able to overcome that by adjusting the installation. The controls and functions when logged into the camera work best in Internet Explorer. Firefox and Chrome were both a bit buggy. The picture quality is fantastic in my opinion and the audio works amazingly well. I have this camera on my porch and inside the house in my kitchen it picks up audio through my insulated wall. I even heard leaves as they blew by in the yard.

The night vision works pretty well for what it is. I can see my entire porch which is about 200 square feet in the pitch black. Motion detection is pretty good at picking up my cats. Wifi is great as far as I can tell I have it about 40 feet away from my router and through a couple of walls and have never had a problem with it connecting or staying connected. I’m extremely happy with the performance and functionality of the camera.

The way I'm utilizing the camera is I'm checking in on my animals and my husband. I am currently out of state, but with the camera hooked up I can login and see my land, my animals, and my husband too by pointing the camera through the window. Not just a security thing, but I'm using it as a webcam almost! This is so cool, I love that I can see my animals from miles away and keep an eye on my house. When my husband visits we're able to feel confident that everything is safe because we can see it all at night!




Buy yours here and check them out on Facebook and Twitter!

Reviewed by Jackie


0 comments: