Monday, November 3, 2014

Holiday Gift Guide: Miggo Strap & Wrap for DSLR Cameras- Review


Miggo was conceived by a group of designers who spent years creating countless bestselling protective solutions for one of the world’s leading camera bag manufacturers. Miggo’s vision is to become a leading global provider of multi-purpose carrying and protective solutions for consumers’ personal gear. The company’s first products, the miggo Strap & Wrap and Grip & Wrap are emblematic of the company’s innovative approach to a rapidly evolving market.

· Serves as a camera strap that morphs into a compact padded camera carrier
· Allows users to safely carry their cameras in their everyday bag, eliminating the need for bulky camera bags for everyday use
· Modular adaptor method makes it suitable for most mid-sized DSLR and Mirrorless (CSC) cameras and a wide range of lenses


Our Thoughts

As a semi-professional photographer by day, the Miggo Strap & Wrap makes my life just a tad bit easier. I love that the strap wraps my camera and is padded. I love that I do not have to constantly put my camera back in the bag as I move from site to site. The Miggo allows me to wrap my camera in a nice and cozy position and allow it to ride on the front seat. 

This wrap is not made for cameras with long lenses, however. The lens that I typically use (18mm-200mm) is just a bit too long for this wrap but a 18mm-55mm lens is the perfect size to use this wrap.  The padding on the wrap is just enough so the camera is cushioned but not enough to make it bulky. It is comfortable to hang around my neck and I feel like the Miggo supports my camera well. Miggo does offer a video tutorial to help you with your Strap & Wrap, also. That honestly really came in handy when I got a bit confused. 

If you have a camera with a smaller lens, I really think that you'd be happy with this as a way to haul your camera around without the bag. You can't go wrong, either, with a price tag of $49.99. Miggo offers the Strap & Wrap along with the Grip & Wrap for both DSLR and Mirrorless (CSC) cameras. 

If you'd like to see more from Miggo, please follow them on Facebook or visit their website.




1 comments:

Amos from miggo said...

Hey Laura,
Thanks for covering our Strap & Wrap :)

Actually there is a great way to fit your 18-200 mm lens in the miggo - a clever hack that one of our Kickstarter backers discovered. Check it out:
http://katcal.wordpress.com/2014/10/12/miggo-my-new-amigo/