Monday, October 27, 2014

Review: The Original BedBug



The Original BedBug
Record Capture up to three different personal messages.
Play Squeeze one of the BedBugs satin feet to listen to the message.
Enjoy! All in a cuddly, lovable BedBug your child won’t want to part with.


Invented by a mom who cares!

The Original BedBug was made with a lot of love and care from mom who wanted one to give to her own children. Your new snuggle companion was created with you in mind – from the soft, high quality materials to the recycled packaging.


With the Original BedBug your child can always hear your comforting voice.


Parents

Record up to 3 personalized messages. Two 20 second recordings, perfect for saying goodnight or good morning, and a 3 minute recording, perfect for your child’s favorite short story.
Change the messages as often as you’d like!

Children

Your child can simply squeeze one of the BedBug’s satin feet to hear your voice whenever they need it most.
Enjoy a cuddly, lovable BedBug that your child will never have to part with.


Purchase The Original BedBug here for $29.99 and visit The Original BedBug online on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. 

OUR THOUGHTS

My son LOVES it when I read to him, but sometimes as a busy parent, it can be hard to carve out time in a busy day.  Most of the time, I drop what I'm doing and read to him, but there are times where I can't, like when I'm in the middle of making dinner.  And he likes to read the same story what seems like 50 times in a row!  Haha, I have many of his books completely memorized . . .

Earlier this year he spent a few days with Grandma while his dad and I attended a 3-day conference.  He did fine (and so did Grandma!) but I thought it would be nice if he had something cuddly where he could hear my voice.  When the opportunity to review The Original BedBug came up, I grabbed it! 

The Original BedBug is so incredibly cute, soft, and squishy!!  It can record 3 different messages - two short, and one long enough for a short story.  Besides all that it does, The Original BedBug's concept and packaging is very well thought out.  The Original BedBug itself has a Velcro opening for easy access to the recorder.  It has an on/off switch which should be mandatory on ANY electronic toy! (Don't get me started on toys that don't come with an on/off switch!) The recording instructions are very easy to follow.  It even comes with a patch to put over the speaker in case your played-back message is too loud - and comes with recommendations on how to re-record to avoid being too loud.  The packaging is responsibly minimal, and recyclable.  It even comes with an adoption certificate you can fill out!

The first thing I did with our Original BedBug is record my son's favorite Clifford The Big Red Dog book.  He LOVES listening to it on The Original BedBug!
 

He has motor apraxia and has a hard time getting his fingers in the right position to play back the story, so he brings it to me over and over again so he can listen to it repeatedly, it's so darn cute!  The next time he spends a few days with Grandma I'll be sure to send our BedBug along, full of personalized messages for him.  And maybe we'll have Grandma personalize a message for him too!

The Original BedBug gets a big thumbs-up from me!  Great birthday or holiday gift!