Saturday, April 5, 2014

Earth Day: Organic Eppa SupraFruta Sangria & All-Natural Villa Massa Limoncello Review


Each year Earth Day is celebrated on April 22, and is a time when Americans coast-to-coast take a 
step back and truly think about how we live our and what we’re putting in our bodies.  Many companies and products are now going “green” including beverages and wines.  This year, cheers to Mother Earth with drinks that evoke the riches of the natural world, but also offer refreshing flavors and even healthy antioxidants.

Organic Eppa SupraFruta Sangria ($12.99)

Eppa is the world's first premium sangria made with organic grapes and super fruit juices. Light bodied and refreshing, it's natural, subtle sweetness is a result of its blend of real fruit juices, which bring a brightness of flavor. Eppa also boasts nearly twice the antioxidants as a glass of red wine!

  • Eppa Red: Features sweet citrus scents of orange, lemon and lime meld with aromas of rich red wine. Dark berry flavors mingle with pomegranate, orange, and soft red wine notes for a smooth style.
  • Eppa White: Peach and mango aromas burst from the glass. On first sip, clean, fresh flavors of lemon, lime, and orange delight followed by rich tropical flavors of mango, pineapple and peach.
  • Eppa SupraFruta Sangria is certified organic by the CCOF, so you can enjoy it and share it with peace of mind. www.eppasangria.com
All-natural Villa Massa Limoncello ($24.99)

Made with a family recipe dating back to 1890, Villa Massa Limoncello is an all-natural lemon liqueur produced in the Sorrento peninsula of Italy. Villa Massa Limoncello is made from the infusion of fresh Sorrento Oval Lemon peels (P.G.I.) in top quality alcohol, with the addition of purified water and refined sugar. It is made with 100% all-natural, quality ingredients - containing no artificial preservatives, additives or coloring.

Traditionally it is served chilled, before or after a meal, but can also be enjoyed in cocktails, served over fruit salad, vanilla ice cream or even in coffee.  www.villamassa.com




Our Thoughts

What can I say, my husband and I have really gotten into tasting new drinks. We're one of the couples immediately willing to try something when some one says, "hey, you gotta try this!"  It was no different with the Eppa SupraFruta and the Limoncello.

The Eppa SupraFruta appealed to me because of the idea that it's completely organic. Who doesn't want an alcoholic beverage that's completely organic? It did help that I LOVE Sangria, although I prefer it on a hot summer day instead of a dreary winter-that-won't-quit evening. But, this Sangria did not disappoint! It reminded me of those hot summer days that are to come and really brought my mind set out of the dark, dank winter. It is definitely full bodied and I did need to cut it with a little tonic since it was thicker than I liked. All in all, it was a fantastic reminder of those days to come and really hit the spot.

The Villa Massa Limoncello came with a couple recipes that actually came in handy. I've never had Limoncello before so I had no idea what to expect from the lemon flavored liqueur. It did not disappoint either, I can tell you that! We still have about half the bottle left but it goes down smooth and quick! My favorite recipe that we used was 1.5 ounces of Limoncello to 2.5 ounces of tonic. That mix tasted like 7UP or Sierra Mist and went down just as quickly. Again, it reminded me of those hot days of summer that are in our future!

If you, like my husband and I, like to try new things head over to the websites respectively and check out their products and see where you can get your own bottles locally. Also, remember to follow them on Facebook: Villa Massa Limoncello and Eppa Sangria.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Success Primer and the 3 Keys to Success is FREE to download until the 6th on Amazon. It's Book 1 of my 3 part The Success Manual Series. (genre: Self help, New age, New thought, success ) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JEM2KPI If you don't have a kindle, you can download the kindle reader app here for the ios, android, pc and mac. http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000493771 Thanks so much!
-JCBS

Shannon said...

The white wine and the Limoncello sound amazing. Thank you for your review.

lostlenore said...

I can't drink wine (because I'm a vampire? no, because of medication I take), but I love that this is made from organic grapes. The more consumers demand environmentally responsible products, the better off we and the world will be.

rochelle said...

Nice i do not drink but if i did i would like to try this

Courtney B said...

we love wine !:) this looks fabulous i love the color much different then your average boring wine

Courtney B said...

omg i love limoncello! not many people i know have heard about it! so amazing!!!

Tamra Phelps said...

I honestly had no idea there was any such thing as organic wines, but it makes sense. I'd try it.