Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sweet V-Day Drinks for that Special Someone






As you start planning for Valentine’s Day-themed stories, we'd love to share some special cocktails perfect for the romantic holiday! We'd love for you to share with your readers how to mix up some sweet and sexy surprises like the Passion Pucker-Up and Love Potion Pizzazz. 
The base for each of the beverages is a mixer that is calorie-free, sugar-free, sodium-free and gluten-free.


  • Love Potion Pizzazz: To mix up the irresistible potion, mix 2oz of Cascade Ice’s Pomegranate Berry with 1oz of vodka. Add a garnish of fresh cherries and you’re ready to go! 
  • Passion Pucker-Up Cocktail: Mix up this tantalizing drink by pouring 1.5oz of tequila and 3oz of Cascade Ice Black Raspberry over crushed ice into your mixer. Next, add the juice of a lime wedge and a handful of raspberries. Garnish the cocktail with an orange wedge and you’re ready to serve! 
  • Blushing Sparkler: Mix 1oz of whipped vodka, 4oz of Cascade Ice Pink Grapefruit, the juice of a lemon wedge and a handful of ice in a mixer. Pour the cocktail into a chilled glass and garnish with lemon wedges.





My Thoughts

While I love the idea of a low calorie drink, I rarely like the flavor. Most of them taste artificial and leave behind an unpleasant aftertaste.  So I opened my first bottle of Cascade Ice with a little trepidation.  Surprisingly, these drinks tasted much better than I expected. Each one comes in a tasty fruit flavor with just enough carbonation to make it bubbly. But these aren't your average soft drinks. They taste more like a mixed drink without the alcohol, but you can even add that in if you feel the urge.

I received several of their flavors to try out including Pomegranate Berry, Peach  Mango, Cranberry Pomegranate, Blueberry Watermelon and Black Raspberry. My favorites were the Peach Mango and Blueberry Watermelon, but the diversity of flavors allowed everyone is  my family to find something they enjoyed. My husband likes the Black Raspberry and my daughter enjoyed the Cranberry Pomegranate. I had given up soda due to the calories and the questionable ingredients, but Cascade Ice offers a way to enjoy carbonation without worry about calories and sugar. Its a wonderful treat and one I plan to indulge in often. 

0 comments: