Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Gear Up for Summer with Box Tops' Marketplace

 ***Complimentary gift card received to enable a fair and honest review***


School's nearly out -- are you ready? Sounds like a little shopping is in order to gear up for the summer-of-fun.

And, why not earn cash for your school at the same time?

Although students won't be back in class until this fall, you can still earn money for the school through Box Tops for Education's online shopping resource, Marketplace.



The Marketplace, with major retailers like Target, Toys R Us, Wal-Mart and Macy's, and specialty shops like Oriental Trading Company, Build A Bear Workshop and Young Explorers, provides something for everyone's shopping wants and needs. Just sign up to designate a school that will automatically receive eBoxTops as part of your online shopping experience.

 Box Tops for Education and its online Marketplace have helped nearly 90,000 schools across the country earn more than $525 million since the program started in 1996. Box Tops earnings are unrestricted dollars that schools can use for whatever they need most -- from textbooks, laptops and musical instruments, to playground equipment, field trips and basic classroom supplies. Learn more about Box Tops for Education here.
 


My Thoughts


I have always been a huge supporter of Box Tops for Education. My two older children actually fight over who's going to take each batch in to their teachers. Saving tons of Box Tops has never been an issue for me. Tons of my favorite brands offer them including General Mills cereals, Huggies diapers, Green Giant, Go-Gurt and so many more! With a family of six, we go through lots of these products. This year, my daughter's school raised over $500 just by cutting out box tops, but now, with the Box Tops' Marketplace, it just got easier to raise even more money for our schools.




I was given a $100 Visa gift card to help facilitate my review of the new Marketplace, and I was really excited by what this offers.  Simply log onto the Box Tops Marketplace and register.  This is a simple process that takes less than five minutes. Once you're a member, not only can you track your school's progress,  you can also add to it by shopping at your favorite stores online. Simply look for the items you need or the store you want to shop with in their search engine. There are dozens of options including Walmart, Target, Staples, Old Navy, Best Buy, Gap, Macys and many more. Once you know where you're shopping simply click through the Box Tops Marketplace to that store, and resume shopping as normal. A percentage of your  purchase price will automatically go to the school of your choice!




When I did my shopping, I decided to go with Walmart. The $100 gift was enough to get three things that were on my wish list already--a Evenflo Booster Seat, a Dora Desk for my toddler, and a extra pair of Dora pajamas. The order was just over $100 and this even enabled me to get free shipping.  I had the convenience of having the items shipped right to my door, but best of all, this earned my daughter's school an extra $0.87 in Box Tops. It would take months to generate that number from the little cut outs, but now I get a lot more money for my school just by ordering things I would have bought anyway.



This is much an amazing idea! I am excited to watch the money for my school continue to grow and I will definitely be spreading the word about this awesome new program both online and locally. I plan to use the Box Tops Marketplace for all my online  shopping from now on. I can bulk order diapers for my little ones,do all our back-to-school shopping in the fall, even book a vacation with Expedia, and have a percentage go directly to my children's education.  Doing this takes no more than a few extra clicks of the mouse. There is no reason not to give it a try! So go sign up today! The money will add up quickly and you can help your school get new sports uniforms, new books, a playground, or whatever else they need to achieve their goals.

Since this program began in 1996, over $525 Million has been earned, so its obvious its making a big difference. If you wan to learn about all the participating brands and other ways to help earn money for your school, be sure to visit the Box Tops for Education website. You can also visit them on their social networking pages including  Box Tops for Education Facebook page,  Twitter  and YouTube.


***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

0 comments: