Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Book Review: The Good Life for Less: Giving Your Family Great Meals, Good Times, and a Happy Home on a Budget

 
 
 When Amy Clark and her husband found themselves in unexpected financial trouble right before the birth of their first child, they quickly learned the importance of smart budgeting and making a little money go a long way. In this book, Amy offers up a clever lifestyle plan that is long on creativity and short on cost to help you achieve a peaceful, thrifty home and a loving, happy family:

• Set a reasonable budget and stick to it
• Save half price or more on nearly everything
• Cook delicious, frugal meals for any size family, and save money by making your own easy salad dressing, barbecue sauce, and homemade mixes
• Manage an organized, clean house without spending valuable time and money
• Create traditions and family occasions kids will remember forever—without breaking the bank

You’ll be inspired by a wealth of smart and creative ideas for families living on a budget and a guide for everyone who finds themselves challenged to juggle all the roles that come with parenting. Amy gives you the tools, the guidance, and the inspiration you need to run your own household with wisdom, wit, love, and style.
 
 
 Where to to Buy
 
Get Your Copy of the Good Life for Less on Amazon for only $10.98 for the paperback or $9.99 for the e-book.
 
Our Thoughts
 
The very first thing I liked about this book, was the look. Horribly, I do judge a book by it's cover, and this cover already had me sold and excited to read it. This book covers everything from budgets, to family time, crafts, meals, and holidays.

The budgeting and food budget areas weren't really applicable to my family, as I already do a budget and we eat differently, but the crafts, decorating and gifting ideas were very useful. I always struggle with finding new ways to celebrate the holidays in a fun manner. I'm used to big families and doing what I did growing up, but having moved, I have to create traditions just for my own two little girls and husband.

We're past Thanksgiving already, but I can't wait for next year to try out the Thanksgiving tree centerpiece. I'm also always changing up the decor in my home, so the interchangeable pictures on a focal frame is excellent for me! There are many more ideas I have bookmarked but I don't want to give away all of her secrets, you'll just have to read for yourself!

A great read, a lot of great ideas and it was very fun to read!
 
Reviewed by Jackie
 
***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way.***

0 comments: