Sunday, July 1, 2012

Louie Season 2 Debuts on Blu-ray and DVD




The critically acclaimed FX comedy “LOUIE” Season 2 arrives on Blu-ray and DVD with even more uncomfortable moments and hilarious antics on June 19th from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. · Loosely based upon the life of Emmy® Award winning comedian Louis C.K., “LOUIE” is about a 41-year-old divorced stand-up comedian trying to meet people, raise kids, and score with women. · “LOUIE” Season 2 Blu-ray and DVD comes with exclusive bonus materials and features unforgettable episodes and hilarious performances from guest stars including Ricky Jervais (“The Office”) and Joan Rivers (“Fashion Police”).

Where to Buy

Louie Season 2 is available now in stores nationwide. You can also order your copy on Amazon. Get the Blu-ray $30.86 for or the DVD  for $18.26.

Our Thoughts

Watching this DVD set was my first experience with Louie. I was a little worried it would be hard to follow when I haven't seen the first season, but each episode offers stand alone comedy that anyone can appreciate. Unlike some sitcoms that can be completely left field unrealistic, this show provides humor that the average person can relate to.  Its about a everyday man dealing with the everyday aspects of life, like kids, pregnancy, travel, and work. He just happens to be a comedian so he goes through his life with  a  little more humor than the average guy. He can be silly and crude (like most men), but he's always funny.

The 13 episodes on this 2 disc set include the following: (1) Pregnant, (2) Bummer/Blueberries, (3) Moving, (4) Joan, (5) Country Drive, (6) Subway/Pamela, (7) Oh Louie/Tickets, (8) Come On, God, (9) Eddie, (10) Halloween/Ellie, (11) Duckling, (12) Niece, (13) New Jersey/Airport.

I especially loved the New Jersey/Airport since it took place in a town not far from my own home. My husband and I both enjoyed the series immensely.  I am definitely going to have to go back and get my hands on Season 1.

***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

0 comments: