Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Care Bears Welcome to Care-A-Lot Screening Party!



 This past Sunday was a fun day here in the New Age Mama household. We hosted our very own Care Bears Welcome to Care-A-Lot screening party! We invited a few of our closet friends over to take a sneak peak at the new series that will be coming to The Hub TV network! I think I was just as excited as the kids for this get together. Back in the 80's, when I was a little girl, the Care Bears were my favorite TV show. I had stuffed animals, miniatures, and even my bedding was Care Bears. My kids have seen them on and off over the years, but never like this!



Before we settled in to watch the screener, we gave out some adorable party favors. All of the kids received a packaged of Care Bear crayons, coloring pages, and activity sheets. All kids love to color and it was a great way for everyone to get to know each other. As the host, my little Willow also received a pencil box, stickers (which she shared), and a little tablet. They have been her prized possessions all week. The artwork turned out fabulous. Here are just a few examples. 



After the coloring, we played a few games. including musical clouds (which is like musical chairs expect with pillows), and  Care-A-Lot Cloud Scoop, where the kids broke into teams to create the biggest cloud. Then we settled in to watch the show with some tasty Care Bears themed snacks including Cheer Bear's Rainbow Cheer Punch and Harmony Bear's Fruit Sticks.
The kids really enjoyed the short screening. The story centers around Grumpy Bear getting stuck in the mud and having to be rescued. The kids loved the bright colors and the characters. Old favorites like Grumpy and Tender Heart made an appearance, but there are also new additions like the rockin' Harmony Bear. The villain, Beastly, is still around. But he's had a makeover and he is no longer the sidekick of Screechy, but the leader of his bad boy gang.  We loved the show, and I hope it comes out on DVD eventually because, unfortunately, I don't have Hub TV in my area.

If you would like to learn more about the new Care Bears Welcome to Care-A-Lot series, just head over to Hub TV Network.  You can see the schedules for all their shows and play lots of fun and interactive games for free! Also be sure to check Hub TV out of face book.  Care Bears will be airing Saturdays at 8am, and putting the fun back into your weekends!


***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

0 comments: