Friday, March 2, 2012

Getting Fit with NutriSystem Week #1 #NSNation


Last week I spent every day anxiously waiting for my delivery of NutriSystem food to arrive. It didn't take long. On Thursday I received a HUGE box of shelf stable food, and the following day, the frozen entrees arrived. I was amazed by the diversity I found inside each box. I was kind of expecting to have two or three different choices that I would have to switch between. But my goodness, you can go an entire month and never eat the same thing twice!  Take a look at just some of the items I received.


This is the first time in my life I have ever had to diet. I have always eaten exactly what I wanted and never gained weight. So, I thought that the NutriSystem program was going to be a real challenge for me. I imagined waking up at night starving, and going ballistic on my children when I couldn't get my fix of ice cream or chocolate for the day. But it hasn't been like that at all. I am getting to eat all the foods I love including omelets for breakfast, pizza for dinner, and even tasty chocolate cake for dessert. But more importantly, I am staying full all day.  I am eating smaller meals, but get snacks in between and unlimited veggies. This enables me to stay full. I actually think I'm eating more food than I was eating before I started the program. I'm just eating better food.  I've even noticed a marked increase in energy.  I don't feel nearly as exhausted, even though I still have an infant that doesn't sleep through the night.



I already told you that the food is great, but I have decided to give you an example. So each week as I post about my continued success with the program, I am going to share one of my favorite meals.  This week, my top choice is the Butternut Squash Ravioli. I never get to eat fancy entrees like this at home. Its served in a savory orange sage broth, topped with caramelized onions, and stuffed with butternut squash and ricotta. So tasty and you would never know it was a frozen dinner, let alone diet food! My photo may not be quite as pretty as the professional one, but you see that this is a meal anyone would enjoy.

And now its time to get down to the numbers, which is, of course, the most important part of this program. I began the program last Friday and weighed in at 148.8 pounds.  Throughout the week, the numbers went up and down a little, but in the last two days have stabilized at 145.6. Talk about success! That's 3.2 pounds in the first week! At this rate, I might even be a size smaller than my pre-pregnancy weight by the time I'm done!   But please keep in kind that the average results are two pounds per week.


Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting
http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog .  Also be sure to follow Nutrisystem on face book and twitter to keep up with all the bloggers in the program. You'll also be the first to hear about fun promotions and discounts. Right now they are they are celebrating their 40th anniversary with a 40% off sale, so its a great time to take the plunge.  Be sure to stay tuned for next week's most when we talk a little about the specific breakdown of meals in the plan!


Please note thatNutrisystem is providing their program free of charge for my participation in the Nutrisystem Nation Blogging Program. Opinion expressed are my own and have not been influenced in any way.

0 comments: