Thursday, January 26, 2012

HALO Safe Sleep Hospital Program




Every new baby needs to have at least a dozen swaddling blankets in their layette, but my favorite by far is my HALO Sleep Sack. Most of you know I just had a baby a few months ago. He was premature and was in the NICU for about a week at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Camden, NJ. When we were leaving the hospital, they gave me a HALO Sleep Sack with their logo on it, and told me that they recommended the Halo for safe sleep above anything else, especially for preemies. I already had a few, but now HALO is the only swaddling sleep sack that I use.

HALO Innovations has been working with hospitals to provide SleepSack Swaddles through its HALO® Safer Way to Sleep Initiative.  Today, over 800 hospitals nationwide are taking part in the program and modeling safe sleep practices for new parents right from their child’s first day of life. Leading health organizations agree that modeling proper baby care in the hospital is the single biggest influencer on how parents will care for their baby in home.
 

Additional information regarding the HALO Safer Way to Sleep Initiative:

0 comments: