Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hurricane!



Hurricane Irene is on its way to South Jersey. This is supposed to be the worst storm to hit my area in 60 years. I am actually a little shocked because I am not even on one of the barrier islands, but we are still being evacuated.  We have to leave tomorrow morning.  We are heading to my sister-in-law's house in North Jersey. To make things more complicated, we have to try to hit the pediatrician on the way out because I really want the baby to be checked out.  This would be stressful under any circumstances. But I'm trying to do it with a newborn who was only just released from intensive care.  Hopefully they are just being overly cautious and the house will be okay. We can't come back until Monday so I definitely won't be back online until at least then.

11 comments:

Alisha K said...

Sending lots of prayers your way!

Unknown said...

I pray that your entire family will be safe. I am sure your precious baby will be fine, just try to stay positive.:)

corinne said...

Journey safe...

marilyn said...

I just warned all my Jersey family

Anonymous said...

Stay safe, hope all is okay..sending prayers.

Jan Messali said...

You've really got your hands full right now. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

celebrie2 said...

Prayers and well wishes are headed your way! Im in Maryland and we are just expecting rain and strong winds, nothing like what u guys are gettting! Stay safe and we will be here when you get back! Hope Nicholas checks out okay!

Some Lucky Dog said...

Do what you need to do and stay safe!

jerseygirl137 said...

God Speed, Be safe.

Bhushavali said...

Take care dear and be safe.
New here to your blog and liked it.
Do drop by my blogs sometime.
Wish you follow them too...
Fashion Panache
My Travelogue

An Apel a Day said...

Stay safe!!!!!! I had to evacuate with one years ago. I know it's no fun at all!