Thursday, April 28, 2011

DelGrosso Pasta Sauce Review




 I come from a long time of Italians. When I was a little girl, I lived with my grandmother and she made her sauce from scratch as did all her siblings. On Sundays, we would go to various houses and we always had pasta for dinner. Most of those great aunts and uncles, as well as my grandmother have passed away now, and I miss those family dinners with homemade pasta and sauce. There aren't many store bought brands that taste like that they used to make, but I recently discovered  a sauce that comes pretty close. LaFamigilia DelGrosso Sauces come from an Italian family very much like my own, and their jarred sauces taste just like home made.



For my review, I received two of their amazing sauces to review. Each one is named after a family member, and I  found it ironic that the two I received happen to have the names of two of my own family members. Aunt Maryann's Sauce is a Sunday Marinara that is perfect for the whole family. It has a simple classic taste that kids and adults will love.  There is a little garlic, sea salt, basil, black pepper, and parsley. You won't need to add anything extra to this sauce, and you won't be able to get enough helpings of pasta at Sunday dinner.  In addition to its great taste, this pasta sauce is gluten free and has no sugar added.





The second variety I got to try was Uncle Joe's Vodka Celebration, and the picture of Uncle Joe on the jar actually looks exactly like my own Uncle Joe. And boy would be have loved this sauce. This sauce is for an older pallet, with its light vodka flavor mixed with Romano cheese. We tried it with sauteed vegetables and pasta and it was like getting a gourmet meal right at our own table. If you're craving a pasta with a bold taste, this is definitely the right choice.


These are only a few examples of the delicious sauces you can find at DelGrosso. There is a different sauce for each member of their family, and if you look online, there is also a brief bio. I love not only the fresh and tasty sauces they offer, but also the old world sense of family that the company values. If you would like to try these terrific sauces for yourself, you can order them in the online store.  To keep up with the latest news, be sure to sign up for their newsletter. If you have even a little bit of Italian in you, or just love Italian cuisine, you will definitely want to give DelGrosso sauces a try.


***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Best sauce I've ever ate an my grocery store is not carrying it anymore so upset I love that stuff