Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dave's Gourmet Pasta Sauce Review

 
 
 
I come from a long line of Italians. So of course pasta is a big part of my life. I am always looking for new brands of pasta sauce to try out.  I like my sauce to be as close to homemade as you can get and I like  lots of varieties so I can switch things up and my dinners are never boring.  At Dave's Gourmet I found some really unique varieties of pasta sauce that are unlike anything I have tried before.  This pasta sauce is made with only all natural ingredients and is gluten free, but still provides lots of savory flavor.  Dave's Gourmet Sauce  is available in lots of tasty flavors including Wild Mushroom, Organic Spicy Heirloom Marina, and Organic Roasted Garlic & Sweet Basil Pasta Sauce.




My family and I tried out three of the amazing sauces from Dave's Gourmet and I was surprised by how wonderful they were. The first we tried was the Red Heirloom which is an organic pasta sauce made with heirloom tomatoes.   I thought it was delicious and much better than a few other brands of organic alternatives that I've tried. The Masala Sauce has is really unique. It adds in some of the spices of the South Asian world and also has a little lime and coconut.  While this sauce is great with pasta, it will also work with chicken, rice, pork and more. Finally, we tried the Butternut Squash and this was my favorite. The sweet taste of the butternut adds a whole new dimension to pasta and is perfect for lasagna, ravioli & tortellinis.


In addition to their pasta sauce, Dave's Gourmet has a full line of other delicious gourmet goodies to choose from.  They offer hot sauce, spices, popcorn, nuts, drink mixes and more. All of their products are available on their website for prices much lower than what I would have expected for such fine gourmet foods.  They also offer gift packs and gift certificates which would make great presents for all your special occasions. To keep up with the latest sales and promotions, be sure to follow Dave's Gourmet on twitter or become their fan on  face book.  If you are looking to try something new that will really make an impression, than Dave's Gourmet is definitely the store for you.




***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

0 comments: