Friday, November 26, 2010

Holiday Gift Guide - Schleich Bayala Action Figures Review



 I have always taught my kids to believe in the magic of fairy tales. And if you were to find that magic portal that lead you through the mists into the world of fairies, it would lead you to the magical world of Bayala from Schleich. As a lover of all things fantasy, these are toys that are just so beautiful, I was tempted to keep them for myself as collectibles instead of letting the kids play with them. But in the end, the mom in me won out and I gave them to the kids. The beautiful action figures inspired endless hours of imaginative play, and they both loved the detail and beauty of each piece.



We received several of the newest Bayala figures to review. For my daughter, we received Feya the standing fairy, a Pegasus and a unicorn. They are so detailed and life like, you will find it hard to believe they are plastic and not glass figurines. You can see see the contours of the fairy's face, the lines of her hair, and each delicate finger. You can feel the ridges of the wings on the pegausus and the horn of the unicorn. And it is all enhanced by the sparkles and glitter that make them really seem to come to life.








My son received Apricum and Gregis. Apricum is a warrior who is half man and half deer who comes with his stag partner. To anyone who is familiar with the tales of the old religion or the stories of King Author, they might notice that he is very similar to the ancient tales of the horned god of fertility.  Gregis is a wolf man, and reminiscent of a cave men from the stone ages with his fit furry feet and shoulders. My son loves having these two characters meet up and form an interesting new alliance. Though my daughter had them feuding over the lovely Freya.




With such amazing and beautiful toys, children's minds will open up to a whole world of imagination. After playing with her Bayala figures, my daughter had a whole story thought up about them that she wrote down, and which is actually pretty good. Anything that encourages such creativity you know is a great find.  I plan to collect all the Bayala figures for my children. Because you can never have too much magic in your life.





***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

0 comments: