Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Michael Angelo’s Gourmet Foods Review

There are some days when I just don't feel like cooking. Last night was one of those days.  Luckily, I had some Four Cheese Lasagna  from Michael Angelo's in the freezer. Now, you're probably thinking frozen food can't possibly taste like the real thing.  But that's where you're wrong. The frozen entrees from Michael Angelo's taste just like homemade. And when I am the chef in question, it tastes ten times better.

I have had other frozen lasagnas and I never liked them very much. But the four cheese lasagna sounded so good I had to give it a chance. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it tasted. I wouldn't have even known it was frozen food except that the very ends did get a little hard. Otherwise it tasted like fresh cooked. They use a unique blend of ingredients which really gives it an original  flavor. I also tried out the Baked Eggplant Parmesan which was even more amazing that the Lasagna. This one baked up perfectly and was probably the best eggplant dish I have ever had in my life. I even got my kids to eat it. They never knew they were eating a vegetable because it just tasted so good.

The Three Cheese Lasagna and the Eggplant Parmesan are only two of dozens of tasty choices available from Michael Angelo's. I was disappointed there wasn't a larger selection available at my local store. They only had the two varieties I just described. I will definitely have to request management at BJs to order some of the other varieties. 

If you would like to learn more about Michael Angelo's, you should visit their website. You can also follow them on twitter to keep up with the latest promotions.  For great tasting Italian meals with no hassle, they are an excellent choice!





***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***


0 comments: