Monday, July 26, 2010

Gardein Review

Well, it took me a few months to find them in a store near me, but finally I had the chance to try out one of the meatless products from Gardein. But they were definitely worth the wait. Gardein have created a line of fresh  and frozen meatless products that taste as good as they look. They are made with soy and a variety of other tasty spices that make it hard to tell they are meat free.

I've never been a big meat eater and I always worry about cruelty when I do buy  meat and poultry.  Chickens  in particular seem to have a hard time of it.  But normally when I bring home vegetarian products, no one else will touch them. But I didn't have that problem with the chipotle lime crispy fingers. I heated them up for my kids for dinner one night, and they had no idea they were anything other than regular chicken.  They gobbled them right up. And since they are low fat, a good source of protein and trans fat free, I know they are getting a healthy meal on days when I don't have time to cook from scratch. 

I was surprised myself at how good they are. I have tried lots of vegetarian foods, and normally they are okay, but Gardein is excellent.The fingers were crispy and their special blend of seasonings makes them taste amazing. I will defintely be getting them again. I only wish we had a bigger selection in my area. The fingers were the only ones I was able to find.

The Crispy Fingers are only one of dozens of tasty selections you can find at Gardein. Their products have been featured on Oprah and were named one of the best snacks of the year by Shape Magazine.  To learn more about Gardein and their meat free products, you can check out their website. You can also follow them on twitter or become their fan on face book.




***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

0 comments: