Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Teach My Baby Review







Its never too early to start teaching your kids. I want my baby to have as many advantages as possible when she finally starts school.  And even though it may be years away, with Teach My Baby, I can start preparing her today. And have fun at the same time!





The Teach My Baby kit comes with four seperate sections. The first is Sounds & Touch which comes with a book, touchable flash cards, and puzzle pieces. My daughter, Willow, has been having lots of fun with this section. She smiled at the pictures of the animals from the beiginning, and after almost two weeks of daily practice, she is reaching out on her own to touch the animal fur on the cards.  The puzzle pieces are still a little hard for her, but the kit is meant for babies six months and older and Willow is only 4 months. So we are starting a little early.



The next set is the Self which includes a book, flash cards & blocks with mirrors and pictures of body parts to help your child recognize things like noses and lips on others and themselves. Willow loves stacking the blocks and looking at herself in the mirrors.  The colors are the cards are so bright and colorful, they will easily get any child's attention.



The first words set comes with a book and flash cards that have one piece pop out puzzles. Willow was able to get the pieces out but can't quite get them back in yet. But she loves the pictures and bounces up and down and waves her arms and legs whenever we read it. This set they teaches your baby common words like truck, shoes, and ball.


Lastly is Willow's favorite (as well as my two older kids), the number set. This one a board book, storyboard and finger puppets. I can't keep the puppets on my fingers long because Willow likes to pull them off and eat them. LOL You use them to help your baby learn one through five.




So far, we are loving the Teach My Baby. We haven't seen results yet as far as being able to recognize words but its hasn't been long enough yet and like I mentioned, we are starting early. So to give you all an idea of how well it worlks, I am going to post a few updates over the next few months to let you know the progress we've made. But if you have a baby, don't wait to grab  up this fun product. At the low price of only $49.99, the books and toys alone are worth the price without even taking into account the educational value.  You will have hours of fun with your child with Teach my Baby. To learn more about them, check out their website today.



***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

1 comments:

ShellyH said...

Willow is just adoreable and growing so quickly! Baby G just turned 1 a few days ago so now I am officially g-ma to a toddler LOL

Shelly