Thursday, May 6, 2010

Green Pan Review




I have a friend who is a big bird lover. She mentioned to me that she couldn't use non-stick frying pans in her home because they gave off some kind of toxins that would kill her birds. That is pretty scary, and made me wonder just how safe they are to use around my children. I did some research and learned that traditional non-stick pans are coated with PTFE (PolyTetraFluoroEthylene). This is what has been proven to be fatal for small animals and can even cause harm to the respiratory tract and cause nausea and headaches in humans.  Luckily, there is an alternative to the traditional frying pans. GreenPan™ does not use PTFE. Instead they use Thermolon™, a non-stick technology which is a healthy alternative to PTFE.




.

So, its safe, but does it work when its time to cook? I received the small pan to try out. We used it to cook scrambled eggs and it worked wonderfully. None of the eggs stuck to the pan. Most other non-stick frying pans I've tried could not stand up to this test.I usually have to scrape crusty eggs from the side of the pan.  And in addition to its health benefits, it also a high quality pan. Its sturdy and well made and I'm sure it will last for years.


To learn more about his amazing product, you can visit the Green Pan website. Check out their where to buy section for a location that sells them near you. You can also purchase  the Green Pan online at HSN.com. Or take a look at all the fun recipes in their recipe section.  Green Pan is a company that respects our enviroment. They take the time to look for materials that are safe for both our families and our planet, and I am proud to have their products in my home.




***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

3 comments:

Aileen said...

I was looking for one of these pans to replace my current non-stick pan. Thanks for the review. It's just in time.
arobimom at gmail dot com

Cheryl B said...

I had no idea the nonstick pans I had could be harmful to small critters. Thanks for the wake up call!
cln1812(at)gmail(dot)com

Ailanna said...

Yikes. I knew Teflon was bad at high temperatures, but I guess I didn't know how bad. My non-stick pans are starting to wear out, so it's a good time to replace them with something safer.