Monday, April 19, 2010

Siliskin Glass Review



All kids, no matter what their age, like to feel grown up. My kids both love using the "grown up" glasses and dishes.  But I don't love it when they drop them and break them.  In the last few years I have gone through more glasses than I can count. I had made them go back to plastic, but now I've found a solution that makes us both happy at Silikids.

Silikids has created small silicone covered glassess called Siliskins. They are still glass which makes the kids feel grown up, but the fancy silicone cover protects it from accidents. Which not only saves you a mess and the expense of replacing glassess, but it is also safer and easier  for little fingers to hold. Although they are really designed for toddlers, both my older children thought these glassess were fun and different and have enjoyed using them at meal time.  Siliskins are currently available in aqua and lime, but they will soon be coming out with some additional colors and sizes.





In addition to the siliskins glasses, Silikids also has silibibs, silibottles and more. All their items BPA free. You can order these glasses online or check out their large list of retailers.  To keep up with the latest news and sales from Silikids, sign up for their newsletter (in the middle of the page). 




***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

1 comments:

trishden said...

These are pretty cool and I love the colors and cutouts that give them a kitchy look, but at almost $8 a glass, I find them a little pricey. Thanks for the review.